Chapter Twenty-Four

Jake raises an eyebrow at Johnnie's question, but he doesn't seem surprised. "You want to move in with me?"

He asks, a hint of amusement in his voice. "I mean, I wouldn't mind having you around. We could be roommates." He says, giving Johnnie a playful nudge.

"anD ThEY WeRE RoOmATEs" Johnnie says, quoting that vine with a laugh followed by.

Jake laughs along with Johnnie, remembering the iconic vine. "I guess that makes us 'they' now, huh?" He says, grinning.

"But seriously, I wouldn't mind having you as my roommate. We could watch movies together, cook together, and hang out whenever we want. It would be fun."

"Bitch I don't cook, I Uber eat my food." Johnnie laughs. "And I know damn well you can't cook very well."

Jake chuckles and shrugs.."You're right, I can't cook very well. But I'm willing to learn if it means I get to spend more time with you."

He says, his tone is becoming more serious. "And I'm fine with Uber Eats. I'm not picky when it comes to food. We could eat pizza every night if you wanted."

Johnnie laughs genuinely, a large smile across his face as he laughs softly in a fit of giggles.

Jake smiles as he watches Johnnie laugh, enjoying the sound of his laughter. He wraps his arms around Johnnie again, pulling him close.

"You have such a cute laugh, Johnnie. I love it when you laugh." He says, his voice is soft and sincere.

Laughter slowly stops, as the emo looks up at Jake with a soft gaze in his bright blue eyes.

Jake meets Johnnie's gaze, feeling a wave of affection wash over him. He leans in closer, his face only inches away from Johnnie's. "Can I tell you something, Johnnie?" He asks softly.

"Woah- bit close." Johnnie moves his head back, laughing again.

Jake chuckles and pulls back slightly, feeling a bit embarrassed. "Sorry, I got a little carried away." He says, looking down at his feet.

Johnnie felt his heart get all warm and fuzzy. He turned his head, embarrassed as well when Jake pulled back.