CHAPTER 3

Suddenly, I heard a giggle and turned around

Suddenly, I heard a giggle and turned around. There she was, a cute little baby looking absolutely adorable in her dress.

Her chubby cheeks were so tempting, they looked good enough to eat.

Despite my usual aversion to kids, something about her infectious giggles tugged at my heartstrings.

I walked over to where she stood with Maanvi Aunty.

For reasons beyond me, I extended my hand for a handshake, but she shyly hid behind Aunty. Just then, Avyansh and Aditya seized the moment and, before I knew it, they had pulled me and dunked me into the pool.

It happened so quickly, those two bulky men overpowering me with ease.

But the shock quickly turned into laughter as Aditya and I splashed around, eventually convincing Avyansh to join us. Aditya, ever the prankster, quipped,

"Ab bhabhi ko haldi kaise lagayenge?"

"Now how will we apply turmeric on sister in law"

Aunty, ever practical, replied, "Bhabhi ki dost hai haldi lagane ke liye."

(Sister in law has friends for that)

Aditya just rolled his eyes in response.

Eventually, we all climbed out of the pool, and Aunty handed us towels.

I was about to leave when Avyansh asked me to stay. Sitting with Aditya, my gaze wandered back to the little girl, now fixing her sandal near the dance floor.

"Come here," I called out.

She stopped, hearing my voice. I walked over to her and greeted her with a gentle "Hello."

She looked up at me with her wide, doe-like eyes.

Unable to resist, I pulled her chubby cheeks lightly. She giggled, and the sound was like music.

I bent down to fix her sandal and she said, "Thank you," with a sweet sincerity.

I pulled her cheeks again, and she giggled even more, her laughter melodious and pure.

Unlike those fat kids, who often seemed unruly and annoying, she was well-behaved and charming.

Just then, she exclaimed, "Maasi!" and ran toward Avyansh and Bhabhi, who had just arrived.

Bhabhi picked her up, and I couldn't help but smile as I watched them.

I glanced over at Avyansh and Bhabhi, noticing their annoyed expressions. A sudden irritation spread across my body probably due to my damp clothes.

I signaled to Avyansh that I was leaving and made my way out. Back home, I took a quick bath and collapsed into bed, feeling utterly exhausted.

Just as I was drifting off, my phone rang. It was Avyansh. "Oye, aaja," he said.
(Hey come)