CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 31 & 32 available on scrollstack ✨

Please do comments!! Vote to karte nahi!!

200+ comments
1k votes for double updates!!

Inline comments!!

The tension in the air was palpable, and my heart pounded as I tried to steady my breathing

I couldn't believe what that girl had just said.
The audacity.

How could she utter something like that in front of everyone?

I glanced at Veer, and although he maintained his distance from her, I couldn’t shake the growing anger within me.

I shot the girl a glare, but she only rolled her eyes in response, as if she had every right to stir up trouble.

I needed a moment to gather myself, so I turned to my dad.

Carefully, I handed Ira to him, knowing that in his arms, no one would dare to disturb her—especially those overly excited aunties eager to smother her cheeks with haldi.

A soft kiss on Ira’s tiny cheek grounded me for a second, and I watched as Dad busied himself with her, proudly showing off his granddaughter to everyone around.

The way he beamed, telling everyone about her, brought a small smile to my face.

Mom soon appeared and gently applied a small dot of kohl behind Ira's ears to ward off the evil eye, and I felt warmth spread in my chest.

But my peace was short-lived.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Veer trailing behind me.

His gaze was intense, and when he came to stand beside me, I couldn’t suppress the anger any longer.

Without a word, I grabbed his wrist and pulled him aside.

My heart raced as I pressed my hand against his chest, demanding answers with just my eyes.

He opened his mouth to speak, stepping closer to me, but I immediately raised my palm to stop him.

Baby, I swear, I have no idea why she said that,” he started, his voice filled with confusion.

But I wasn’t going to let him off that easily. I glared at him, waiting for the truth to spill out.

Baby, it was Masi who just fixed our rishta,” he confessed, his tone almost pleading.

My chest tightened.

Then why didn’t you marry her?” I shot back, my voice colder than I intended.

“I don’t like her,” he replied softly, as if that would fix everything.

Then why didn’t you tell her that you already had forced me into a marriage,?” My voice cracked slightly, revealing the hurt behind my anger.