CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 15 ,16 and 17 updated on scrollstack

Vote kro warna no updates

Target 🎯 360 votes & 65 comment

As I sat there, the air seemed to thicken with each passing second

As I sat there, the air seemed to thicken with each passing second. When Dad's question cut through the room.

"When did you two meet?"
I felt a wave of numbness wash over me.

My gaze instinctively shifted to Mr. Rajvansh, whose eyes met mine with an unspoken understanding. The seconds stretched out as I tried to gather my thoughts.

Before I could form a coherent response, Mr. Rajvansh took the initiative.

"I visited her hospital around that time, and that's when we met,"
he said.

His voice was calm, but there was a subtle tension in his posture.

Dad's reaction was swift and dismissive.
"I didn't ask you," he said, rolling his eyes as though Mr. Rajvansh's input was inconsequential.

The dismissal was sharp, almost like a blade cutting through the moment.

I felt a surge of anxiety as I turned back to uncle.

"Yes, Uncle, we met at the hospital," I said, my voice trying to steady itself despite the storm of emotions swirling inside me.

Dad's scrutiny intensified.

"What do you do?"
he asked, and for a fleeting second, I felt a pang of hesitation.

"I'm a gynecologist,"
I replied, the words feeling heavier than usual.

The silence that followed was thick with unspoken questions.

Uncle's eyes narrowed in confusion.

"You're a gynae? How did you two meet?"
he asked, clearly puzzled.

I was caught off guard. The irony of the situation wasn't lost on me.

My profession was a significant part of my identity, yet here it seemed to complicate the very simple question of our meeting.

Before I could stumble through an explanation, Mr. Rajvansh spoke again.

"Dad, it was love at first sight. I went to the hospital to see a friend, and there she was, in the corridor. We bumped into each other,"

he said, his voice a mixture of nostalgia and warmth.

I could only manage a faint, "Yes, Uncle," feeling the weight of Mr. Rajvansh's words hanging in the air.

Uncle seemed to consider this, his expression softening slightly.

Meanwhile, Ira was a bundle of energy with her dadi. She had learned a new word and was repeatedly chanting, "Dadddiiiii! Daddddiiiii!"