CHAPTER 16

Chapter 17, 18 & 19 updated on scrollstack ✨

Target 🎯 500 votes and 85 comments!!
I love your comments guys!!
Dher saare comment kro!!
Inline comments please!!
-----------------

The sun cast a golden hue over the sprawling garden where Dhriti sat, her fingers gently brushing the petals of blooming roses.

It had been a week since Veer left for his business trip. Dhriti had settled into a new rhythm, her days revolving around caring for Ira and attending her hospital.

Anshuman had taken a special interest in Ira, showering her with the kind of affection that only a grandfather could give.

The joy in his eyes when Ira called him "dadu" was palpable, and Dhriti found solace in the way he embraced their little girl.

Samriddhi, sensing Dhriti's loneliness, had taken it upon herself to be a comforting presence.

She spent time with Dhriti and Ira, helping them adjust to their new routines and offering gentle conversations to fill the silences that lingered in the house.

Her gestures were never overbearing but always thoughtful, and Dhriti felt an unspoken bond forming between them.

One afternoon, as Dhriti sat in the garden, lost in her thoughts, Samriddhi approached her.

The garden was alive with the colors of flowers. Samriddhi's presence was a welcomed distraction.

"Dhriti, can we talk for a moment?"
Samriddhi asked gently, taking a seat beside her.

Dhriti looked up, her eyes reflecting a mix of weariness and gratitude.

"Of course, Mom. What's on your mind?"

Samriddhi took a deep breath, choosing her words carefully.

"I've been meaning to ask about things between you and Veer. How are you holding up?"

Dhriti's gaze fell to the ground, the weight of her emotions momentarily pressing down on her shoulders.

She hesitated before speaking, her voice soft and tinged with a hint of sadness.

"Everything is fine, Mom. We just... have our moments of disagreement. It's nothing serious, just the usual."

Samriddhi listened intently.

She could sense the sincerity in Dhriti's voice and saw the strength she was trying to hide behind her calm facade.

Samriddhi reached out and placed a comforting hand on Dhriti's shoulder.

"I understand, Dhriti," Samriddhi said with a warm, reassuring smile.

"I can see that you're doing your best, and I admire your strength. Just remember, you're not alone in this. I'm here for you, and I love you like my own daughter."