CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 14 & 15 updated on scrollstack ✨

Target 333 votes and 50 comment
Leave comment

I stuttered, "Whaaa...t?"

My heart pounded in my chest as his voice cut through the tension.

He responded,
"Don’t you want to meet your father-in-law and mother-in-law?"

The words felt like daggers, each one twisting deeper into my heart. My mind was racing, overwhelmed by the suddenness of it all.

Before I could process anything, we arrived at his mansion. It was an imposing structure of white marble, with a grand fountain that sparkled under the evening sun.

For a moment, I was mesmerized, lost in the sheer beauty of the place

For a moment, I was mesmerized, lost in the sheer beauty of the place. But then, his voice jolted me back to reality,

"Behave like a lovey-dovey couple in front of them. If you don’t, you know what I can do."

"Okay," as a cold shiver ran down my spine.

The door swung open, and I stepped out, clutching Ira to my chest.

My floral suit felt too delicate for the storm inside me. He stood beside me, his presence a chilling reminder of the pressure I was under.

We entered the mansion together, and my eyes were immediately drawn to a man in his late fifties sitting on a sofa, flanked by a woman whose comforting presence did little to soothe my anxiety.

Mr. Rajvansh approached them and gestured for me to follow.

My legs felt heavy as I moved toward him. He touched the feet of the man and woman, a gesture that was both respectful and alienating.

The man’s voice boomed,
"Veer, what the fuck is this?"

The authoritative tone cut through the air, and I flinched, feeling a pang of dread.

The woman beside me began rubbing my back, her touch a fleeting balm to my frayed nerves. But the calm was short-lived.

Mr. Rajvansh's words hit me like a ton of bricks,