CHAPTER 8

My heart raced as he dragged me into a dimly lit room

His grip was tight, and I struggled to keep my fear in check.

Just as panic began to settle in, he leaned close and hissed, "You seem close to Veer."

The mention of Veer’s name sent a jolt through me. My eyes widened, and I instinctively shook my head, denying any connection.

A girl stood in the corner, watching the scene unfold with a cold smile.

"Stay away from him, or you’ll regret it,"

she threatened.

Her words hung in the air, a stark warning. She then turned to him and casually said,

"Enjoy, Pulkit,"
before slipping out of the room, leaving me alone with him.

Pulkit’s expression twisted into something menacing as he stepped closer.

In that moment, survival instincts kicked in.

Before he could react, I kneed him sharply, hitting my mark.

He crumpled in pain, and I seized the moment. Without looking back, I dashed out of the room, heart pounding in my chest.

As I reached the hall, my eyes darted around, searching for Ira.

Relief washed over me when I spotted Mr. Rajvansh holding her. I rushed over, my voice barely steady as I said,

"We are leaving."

He looked at me, surprise flickering in his eyes, but handed Ira over without a word.

She was exhausted, her small body relaxed into my arms.

Holding her close, I felt a sense of calm amidst the chaos.

I walked out, the night air cool against my skin, leaving the unsettling encounter behind.

My priority was clear keep Ira safe and away from whatever danger loomed here.

I stepped outside.

Then Mr Rajvansh who was following me asked, "Are you going?"

I nodded, hoping to leave without further conversation.

But then he said,

"It’s late; let me drop you." I shook my head quickly.

"I booked a cab, so I'm going," I replied, trying to end the discussion.

He insisted, "No, please."

I sighed and said, "Mr. Rajvansh, please, Ira is sleepy."

He finally nodded and said, "Save my number and call me when you get home."