CHAPTER 6

Chapter 7 updated on scrollstack!!

I sat on the sofa with Aditya, watching the wedding ceremony unfold. Despite the celebratory atmosphere, I found myself growing increasingly bored.

The event finally came to an end, and I couldn't help but notice the absence of Ira and her mother. "They must be tired," I thought.

Just then, my phone rang, and I stepped outside to take the call. After a brief conversation, I re-entered the venue and immediately spotted a commotion.

Shrija was running away with a pair of shoes, with Aditya chasing after her. The sight was unexpectedly amusing and brought a smile to my face.

As I scanned the room, I noticed Dhriti standing nearby, smiling with Ira in her arms.

Drawn to the sight of baby, I made my way over and stood behind her.

Ira, awake but looking drowsy, reached out her tiny hand and touched my face. Her green eyes, though sleepy, held a certain spark.

I gently pulled at her cheeks, but she nestled her face into her mother's neck.

"Baby, calm down," Dhriti whispered soothingly, before turning around and noticing me.

Her doe brown eyes conveyed a mix of emotions. As she began to move away, I found myself compelled to stop her.

"Stop," I said softly. She looked at me, her eyes filled with questions and maybe a hint of hope.

"Can I take Ira in my arms?" I requested gently.

She took a moment and said, "Uhmm, she is tired, so please."

I just hummed.

But I feel she is keeping Ira away from me. I need to groom myself; do I look like a kidnapper?

But I know I'm handsome. Maybe she has the attitude of being beautiful and having an adorable baby. Never mind.

I sat on the sofa, and I remembered aunty told me she's a single mother and no one could say she is even a mother-look at her figure. Wait, am I drooling over her?

"Noo."

Then my trance broke, and I saw that girl Shrija was running while holding shoes, and Aditya was following her.

Dhriti was smiling, and little Ira was clapping. Avyansh texted, and I looked towards him.

I saw Dhriti and her friend, um, Shrija, demanding money. I moved towards them and then asked, "How much?"

Dhriti remained silent, and Shrija chimed in, "Tum dost ho na, jiju ke?"

I replied, "Yes."

She then said, "So, I'm not going to demand too much, but you can give us 10 lakhs."

I breathed a sigh of relief. I thought they would demand 20-30 crores, but they settled at 10 lakhs.