CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER 33, 34 & 35available on scrollstack

Vote target 1k +
Vote krne me kya problem
Target 🎯 complete kro or comment

It was one of those evenings where everything seemed just right, yet an undercurrent of emotions churned within me, leaving me both flustered and contemplative

The day had gone so well, with the morning unfolding beautifully, though I couldn’t shake off the embarrassment of something small and trivial that happened earlier.

But now, something else was stirring in my heart.

I glanced at him, Veer.
He was different.

He loved our baby, Ira, in ways that melted my heart.

He cared for me, even in the small, unnoticed moments.

How could I not see it before?
His gentleness, the way he holds our family together, and the way he looks at me.

"Sometimes, people go through life never truly feeling love or receiving the attention they long for. But then, out of nowhere, someone comes along and gives you all of that—love, care, and attention. It's in the small, thoughtful gestures that mean the world to us, reminding us how big those little things truly are."

I guess I’m in love with my husband.
The realization was both comforting and terrifying.

And today, to add to my relief, Kiara didn’t cross my path.

If she had, God knows what I would’ve done. My mind flashed with a violent image—pulling out her eyeballs if she dared to mess with me or my family.

A little dramatic, I know, but that woman brings out the worst in me.

As the evening crept in, I was getting ready for Abhay Bhaiya's baraat.

Ira was already dressed, looking adorable as ever, and Saanvi had taken her away, probably to show her off to the rest of the family.

They all doted on Ira. This family was so beautiful. The way they loved us, me and my baby, made me feel like I belonged. For the first time in a long time, I felt anchored, grounded.

I looked at myself in the mirror, admiring the lehenga I had chosen for tonight.

It was a rich copper color with wide, flowing flares. The simple mirror border and the intricate dark black and golden embroidery on the blouse made me feel regal. But, as luck would have it, I got stuck with the dori of my blouse.