CHAPTER 15

Chapter 16 , 17  18 and 19 available on scrollstack ✨

Target 🎯 459 votes and 79 comment
So do inline comments!!

Comment kro, I love to read them..

--------
I entered my cabin and sat down to begin another routine checkup.

My patient, Aahana, had been coming to see me for the past two months. She was pregnant, and with each visit, she revealed a little more about her troubled past.

It was clear that her baby was the result of a one-night stand. Her story echoed my own, a painful reminder of days when I had no one to lean on but myself.

I took it upon myself to offer her more than just medical advice. I wanted to provide the mental support that had been so sorely lacking in my own experience.

I knew the journey she was on could be lonely and challenging, and I hoped my presence could make it a bit easier.

Today, she handed me her ultrasound report, and I was carefully examining it when the door to my office swung open.

Mr. Rajvansh entered, holding my bag. I had carelessly left in my car. His appearance was unexpected, but my focus quickly shifted back to Aahana.

I noticed her face light up, tears streaming down her cheeks as she stood up and threw her arms around him.

And she whispered," what I will do now Veer"

Her sobs were muffled against his chest, and my eyes met Mr. Rajvansh's over her shoulder.

The sight of them together, the comfort he provided her, was almost too much to bear.

In that moment, I felt a surge of emotions I couldn't suppress. I stood up abruptly, my heart pounding, and fled from the room.

I hurried to the washroom, my breath coming in ragged gasps. The tiles felt cold beneath my feet as I leaned against the sink, staring at my reflection in the mirror.

As I looked in the mirror, tears streamed down my face, each drop heavy with disbelief and anguish.

My thoughts raced, plagued by the unsettling question:

Was Aahana pregnant with Mr. Rajvansh's baby? The weight of the possibility crashed down on me, making my tears flow even more freely.

The idea that Mr. Rajvansh might still be involved with other women, that Aahana could be one of them, was almost too much to bear.

I was married to him. The notion that he might have other children, perhaps even more like Ira, was unbearable. It felt as if everything I knew was shattering.

With a sudden burst of resolve, I wiped away my tears.

The realization that I couldn't continue living with someone who might be unfaithful and deceitful hit me hard.