CHAPTER 7

Chapter 8 already updated on scrollstack!!

I was ready for the office and was just about to leave. I grabbed my watch and headed downstairs.

As much as I dislike this mansion, I'm staying here for another week because of Mom and Dad's upcoming anniversary.

Entering the dining room, I was greeted by Dad's sarcastic tone.

"Aa gaye Raja Sahab. Aapko to time hi nahi."
I rolled my eyes and sat down to eat my sandwich.

[You have come Raja sahab. You don't have time]

Suddenly, he took a glass and slammed it on the floor, making Mom flinch.

I calmly took a napkin, wiped my face, and started to leave for the office.

"Beta, have some juice," Mom said softly. I smiled at her and shook my head, indicating no.

Then Dad's voice boomed again. "Stop! If you don't close that deal you've been rejecting, then get lost!"

My mood soured instantly. "Stop! Why do you always force me?" I yelled back, unable to hold in my frustration.

Dad's face turned red with anger. "Because you never listen to me!"

"Why should I listen to you? You've made my life hell. I never wanted to do this business," I shot back.

"Oh, now I'm creating your future, and you're saying I spoiled your life?" he retorted.

"Did I ever ask you to do this?" I replied, my voice rising.

"Veer, what can you do with that artist passion of yours?" he sneered.

"I'd be happy!" I exclaimed.

"And how will you earn? Can't you understand? Art can be a passion but not a source of income," he argued.

"Then tell me what I could do with this money!" I shouted, turning on my heel and heading out the door.

With every step towards the office, the frustration boiled within me.

One more week, I reminded myself. Just one more week Veer.

I started my car and sped off, the anger still burning inside me. My thoughts were a whirlwind, making it hard to focus on the road.

I was seething, replaying the argument with Dad over and over in my mind.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a dog appeared in front of the car.

Instinctively, I slammed on the brakes, but the car skidded, and with a jarring jolt, it collided with a tree.

Everything went blank.

---------------