CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 30, 31 & 32 available on scrollstack ✨

Votes and comments dono band
Updates bhi band hone chahiye?

We walked side by side, the warmth of the resort sun casting a gentle glow around us

Ira, with her little trolley covered in stickers of dolls, dragged it determinedly beside us.

The empty trolley clattered lightly across the resort's stone path, and I couldn't help but smile at her enthusiasm.

I glanced over at Veer, who gave me a small, amused smile, but his eyes were mostly on Ira.

"Ho gaya, baby. Bas karo, you'll get tired, mera baccha,"
I instructed her softly, hoping she'd slow down.

But Ira was relentless, her little hands gripping the handle, refusing to give up.

The air around us was thick with the scent of flowers and the hum of distant conversations from the other guests.

The resort itself was beautiful, almost surreal in its serenity, but I couldn't shake the slight discomfort I felt, clad in the saree that Mom insisted Nani wanted me to wear.

Traditions. It was always about traditions, wasn't it?

I didn't want to make a fuss - it was just a few days.

Veer's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, but before I could focus on what he was saying, I felt the atmosphere shift.

I saw her before I fully registered what was happening-a girl older than me, sprinting toward us, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Veer!" she squealed, and in an instant, her arms were around him, hugging him as though she hadn't seen him in years.

My body froze. Time slowed.

Who is she?
Why is she hugging him?
My mind raced, confusion and a sudden surge of insecurity hitting me hard.

The sight of them-her arms clinging to him, her head resting against his chest as if it was the most natural thing in the world-twisted something deep inside me.

Ira, oblivious, kept dragging her trolley, but I stood rooted to the spot, my breath catching in my throat.

Veer, still startled, barely reacted for a moment, but that moment felt like an eternity.

I didn't know where to look-at her, at him, or at the ground beneath my feet.

It felt like the ground had shifted, like everything I thought was secure was now up in the air.

My fingers unconsciously twisted the pleats of my saree, the fabric suddenly feeling suffocating against my skin.

"Veer?" I whispered, barely audible, but even I could hear the tremble in my voice.