Chapter 21: Aiah fever

MIKHA'S POV

We were all having fun talking in the music room, completely unaware of the time passing

Denise, Aiah, and the so-called girlfriends of my friends didn't leave the music room anymore.

Aiah and I didn't talk much, we were just exchanging smiles. We're still awkward around each other, and it'll take time to get back to dati naman gawi, hindi ako sanay na nahihiya s'ya sa'kin dahil madalas puro pag tataray natatanggap ko sa kaniya.

I also couldn't leave my spot between Denise and Jaz, who kept blabbering stuff. I was starting to get irritated, but I couldn't do anything about it, so I just kept nodding my head.

Jhoanna, Colet, and Gwen kept throwing me teasing looks, titingin sila parehas sa katabi tapos pabalik sa'kin sabay ngiti ng nakakaloko.

I checked my phone to look at the time. It was already 4 pm.

I glanced at Aiah, who was having fun with Sheena and Stacey.

Kanina pa siya nakikipagdaldalan kay Staku.

Jhoanna is still ignoring Stacey, who's busy rin makipagdaldalan kina Colet at Maloi. Meanwhile, Gwen is busy on her phone, gaming, kaya sunali si Sheena sa usapan nila Aiah.

Sheena became close agad kay, Maloi, Stacey and Aiah. She's kinda crazy too, like Maloi, and madalas overacting. She clicks with Stacey because they both love to talk about fashion stuff.

I just noticed na walang nakabuntot na Jeremy sa kaniya ngayon.

Siguro may biglaan lakad na naman. Wala naman siguro sa ibang klase, because he and Jasmine and Aiah have almost the same schedule.

For sure, walang sasakyan pauwi 'to.

Naalala ko naman ang ganap kahapon, baka makaisip na naman siyang mag-commute kaya I decided to approach her first and invite her to ride with me pauwi.

I stood up, and both Denise and Jaz looked at me. I felt their eyes following me as I walked straight to Aiah and sat beside her, causing her, Stacey and Sheena to look at me, hindi ko na lang pinansin ang tingin nong dalawa and decided to ask Aiah kung nasaan ang boyfriend n'ya.

"Where's Jeremy?" I asked her with my low voice.

I felt her body tense up when I sat beside her.

"I d-don't know." she answered hesitantly, avoiding my gaze.

My brow furrowed at her response. "What do you mean you don't know?"

She sighed softly, looking down at her hands. "He didn't text me today, and I haven't seen him around."

"Busy si Jeremy, may problem ata sa company nila." singit ni Jasmine.

Napatingin naman ako sa kaniya, at medyo uminit ang ulo ko sa sinabi niya.

"Pa'no mo nalaman?" I asked, my tone laced with irritation.

"He texted me kanina." Jasmine replied nonchalantly.

"He has the guts to text you but can't update his own girlfriend?" I asked, half annoyed.

Namumuro na siya. I'm still mad about the incident yesterday, I keep thinking that if I hadn't seen Aiah, there was a possibility she could have been in danger.

"B-baka he forgot, nag m-mamadali rin siguro." Jasmine stuttered, noticing my irritation.

"What an ass." I whispered to myself, loud enough for Aiah to hear.