Chapter 23: More Than This

NO ONE'S POV

"Students, pwede bang manahimik muna tayo habang kinakausap natin ang champions sa Music Fest Competition?" the emcee asked the crowd dahil walang tigil sa pag-iingay nila.

Nanahimik naman ang mga ito.

"Okay, thank you!" the emcee thanked them.

"So hello MASS BAND, there's two questions for you na hinanda ng judges." the emcee said while holding a piece of paper.

Nanlaki naman ang mata ng apat sa narinig because they didn't expect na there's such kind of stuff pa.

"Kalma guys, kitang-kita ang panic n'yo HAHAHAHAHAHAH." the emcee joked, causing everyone to laugh.

"Okay, quiet na ulit guys." the emcee said to the audience.

"So, this is the first question."

"What is the meaning of your band name, which is MASS?" the emcee asked.

The four of them stiffed because of the question, nagkatitigan pa silang apat dahil they're not expecting to be asked this question knowing what's the meaning behind their band name.

One of the event organizers handed each of them a mic.

They hesitated to accept it at first pero wala silang choice because maraming nanunuod at naghihintay sa sagot nila.

"Pwede ho bang secret na lang?" Colet joked.

"Ay hindi pwede!" sigaw ng isang student.

Colet looked at Mikha and asked for Mikha's permission kasi siya lang naman ang may issue pag sinabi nila ang meaning nito.

She received a simple nod from Mikha, indicating that it's okay. Colet just smiled apologetically.

"I'm the one who made our band name, they all agreed with it except Mikha, you know, single issue niya." Colet said na ikinatawa na lang ng mga nanunuod.

"M stands for my girlfriend's nickname, which is Maloi." Colet said and winked at Maloi, causing the crowd to cheer again.

"Colet is right, I'm the only one who d-disagreed with it kasi A stands for my childhood best friend's name, which is A-Aiah." Mikha nervously explained.

She looked at Aiah, who was currently with Jeremy, the boy's arm wrapped around Aiah's shoulder.

Their gazes locked for about three seconds before Mikha looked away because the sight just caused her heart to throb in pain.

"Parang pinamukha n'ya lang na I'm single at dinamay pa n'ya name ng best friend ko, medyo may kakapalan din kasi ng face ‘yong best friend ko eh." Mikha joked, trying to lighten up the tension between her and Aiah.

She pointed at Aiah, kaya napatingin din naman ang ibang nanunuod dito.

Aiah just glared at Mikha, causing the crowd to laugh again.

Mikha just smiled fakely at Aiah and looked away again; masyadong masakit sa mata ang nakikita niya.

On the other hand, Jeremy's grip on Aiah's shoulder tightened.

"S stands for my girlfriend's name, which is Sheena. Hi, bebe!" Gwen added and waved to her girlfriend.

"Hi guys, ewan ko rin kung bakit pati katulong ko dinamay ni Colet dito. S stands for my kasambahay's name, which is Stacey." Jhoanna joked and waved her hand at Stacey, who's fuming in anger right now. Natawa naman ang mga nanunuod sa itsura nito.