Chapter 28: Easy Money or Disgrasya?

NO ONE'S POV

Colet, Mikha, Gwen, and Jhoanna were sitting on the bench, vacant sila sa photography class dahil busy si Sir Era ngayon.

It's been two weeks since foundation day. At dalawang linggo na rin ang madalas na pananahimik ni Mikha. They've been asking what's bothering her, pero parati itong nag dadahilan.

"What if mag-gig tayo sa mga bar?" Mikha said out of nowhere, causing the three of them to look at her.

Colet raised an eyebrow. "San nanggaling 'yan, Mikha? Bigla ka na lang nag-isip ng ganyan, gipit ka ba?"

Mikha just sighed and looked at her friends seriously.

"Can I trust you, guys?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Colet, Gwen, and Jhoanna exchanged worried glances before nodding in unison.

"Syempre bai. You can always trust us, mag kakaibigan na tayo." Colet assured her.

Gwen placed a comforting hand on Mikha's shoulder. "Yeah, whatever it is, pwede ka naman mag kwento."

Jhoanna added, "We're your friends, Mikha. You can tell us anything."

Mikha took a deep breath, gathering her thoughts. "There's something I've been keeping to myself. Something that's been bothering me for a while now."

The three of them listened intently, their expressions filled with concern.

"It's about A-Aiah and my f-family." Mikha began, her voice trembling slightly.

Mikha told them everything, from the matters that she and her father talked about nung pinatawag siya nung foundation day.

Hindi naman umimik sila Colet at nakikinig lang nang maigi.

And the confrontation with her grandfather.

And the result is her grandfather took every single thing given by them. Including her cars and luxury stuff, except for clothes and condominiums. Her apartment wasn't included in this, pero siya ang nagbabayad ng renta na naadvance niya ng 4 na buwan noong nakaraang linggo. Iniwan na lang ang kotse na ibinigay ng Lola niya.

Hindi pa niya iniisip ang tuition niya sa ngayon dahil bayad naman siya buong taon.

Her problem will be the tuition fee for the next school year and the money she needs to buy her necessities.

"You choose to get kicked out by your own family just because of Aiah? Ganiyan ka ka-in love kay Aiah? Pisti bai!" Colet exclaimed.

"I would do the same if ganun ang gawin sa amin ni Stacey." Jhoanna added.

"Does Aiah know about it?" Gwen asked, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"No, pero malalaman niya sa birthday niya. Her parents will tell her kaya I'm asking you guys to keep it a secret, kahit kay Maloi." Mikha said with a pleading tone.

"Noted, pero grabe Miks, iba ang tama mo kay Aiah." Colet stated, her eyebrows raised in concern as she glanced at Mikha.

Mikha's friends didn't know how to feel, torn between being proud of Mikha's decision or feeling pity for her.

"At least when the time comes na malaman niya, she wouldn't be mad at me kasi I disagreed with the fixed marriage and she wouldn't think na kinulit ko si Daddy para magpakasal siya sa akin."

"And if ever I didn't have feelings for her, I would do the same thing cause she's my bestfriend." She added.

Napatango lang naman si Jhoanna, nagegets naman nila ang point ng kaibigan.