Chasing The Sun

*Jeydon's POV*

She isn't on the blue trails and we had 5 minutes to curfew. There was no way we would make it back in that amount of time, let alone all along the black trail.

And that was exactly what Jamie decided to tell us. It was something we all knew, but what were we supposed to do? Just leave her out here?

"We have to go back, guys," Damon sighed, obviously frustrated. We all felt guilty, but I felt the worst. "We can tell the police or something. We just can't keep looking."

"Yes we can," I argued. "We have to. She hasn't been gone more than 24 hours, which means they won't look for her."

"Jeydon, I know you feel bad, but we all do. There's nothing else we-"

"You don't get how bad I feel!" I snapped at Jamie. She flinched back and I felt even worse. "It's all my fault, so I will find her. I will find her even if you two won't help me."

"Jeydon, we want to help but we-"

I cut her off again. "Then get out of my way and I can find her."

"You can't go alone! That's what got us in this mess in the first place!" Damon pointed out.

"Then don't make me do it alone," I begged.

"Damon, go back and tell them that we're fine," Jamie said. "I'm going with Jeydon."

We started up again and moved onto the black trails. 

------ 

*Kellin's POV*

"Its curfew," Mariah's mom sighed, holding back tears. "They should be back by now."

Damon rode up, causing a flash of hope to lift Mariah's mother's spirit. It faded quickly when she saw that he was alone. It was then that I realized how much I had hoped they were all coming back too.

"They're fine," Damon said, clearly out of breath. "They just have to kepp looking."

"Its past curfew," I pointed out.

"No shit, Sherlock," Damon growled, clearly stressed.

I went inside. It really didn't seen like anybody but Mariah and Jamie wanted me here, and both of them were gone. Hell, they could both never come back.

I picked up Mariah's iPod again and pressed play. I put in one of the earbuds, hoping to drown out everything else. I felt like a teenage girl.

Then I felt even worse when Miles Away by Memphis May Fire featuring myself began to play.

'I pack my bags and say goodbye to my wife for what feels like the millionth time.' And I lost it. Completely lost it.

Did all of this really happen? Did I really leave my wife and daughter two days ago and now I'm out riding motorcycles and kissing another girl? What the fuck is wrong with me?  

My phone chimed in my pocket and I pulled it out. It was Justin, calling me to see if I was alright.

"Yeah, man. I'm fine," I lied.

"You must think I'm somebody else, dickhead. Do you think I don't know when you've been crying?"

"I do not cry. I am a strong, independant-"

"Black woman?" he suggested, quoting some movie I was too tired to remember.

"Exactly. I am a strong, independent black woman." I smiled a real smile as the tears disappeared.

"Good. Now tell me where you are being strong, and independent, and a black woman so I can come join you," he demanded.

"Why? You trying to get with this? You better bye me flowers and take me out to dinner first," I joked.

"How did you know that strong, independent black women were exactly my type?"

"We are everyone's type," I laughed.

"But seriously, where are you? Mariah's house?"

"I'm with her, yeah, bu-"

"Okay, we will be there soon."

He hung up before I could correct him. I guess they could just wait around at Mariah's until we all got back. If we all get back.