Do It Now, Remember It Later

*Jeydon's POV*

She'd fallen asleep before I could try and break the awkward tension, so I covered her up with the blanket and put on some old re-runs of 90's Nick.  

Damon and Jamie came through the door not long after. Jamie nodded toward Mariah, asleep and sprawled out on the couch, and whispered, "Has she been out this whole time?"

I shook my head. "We watched 50 First Dates, then she fell asleep."

They both smiled. "I guess we should have expected that," Damon laughed.

Mariah began to stir, then propped herself up on her elbows. Her hair had fallen out of the ponytail and into her face. She rubbed her eyes and pushed her hair away from her eyes. Sitting up, she brought the blanket up to her chin and cuddled it, still looking like she hadn't slept in days.

"Mariah, babez," Jamie said, smoothing down Mariah's hair. "There are some good sales at the mall today. Wanna go check them out?"

She yawned and nodded, reluctantly pushing the blanket away and pulling herself off of the couch. Using the brush that had been on the side table, she pulled her hair back up. "Lets go," she said in her tired voice. She pulled her boots on and then we left. 

----- 

*Mariah's POV*

The mall. I didn't like being around so many people, but sales meant that I could actually afford things.

When my mind was finally clearing up from the less-than-20-minute nap, it traveled back to Jeydon trying to kiss me. I didn't want to flinch away, but I couldn't help it. I knew it would hurt him, and I definitely didn't want to do that. He was my best friend, and this wouldn't affect our friendship. I looked over at him. His head was down and his hands were in his pockets.

I elbowed him lightly and smiled when he lifeted his head to look at me. "What are you gonna buy me?" I joked.

"No," he smiled back. "I think the real question is what are YOU going to buy ME?"

I laughed and was really glad that the tension had broken. But then I looked up and saw something across the mall that made my breath catch and heart drop.

Douche Bag was standing in the middle of the mall with his group of friends. His hair hung down into his eyes and he had on a snap back, like always. He had a lot of friends. He always did. He had never walked alone in the hallways and had never spent a Friday night home alone.

Jeydon saw what had caught my eye, and, like any good best friend would, pulled his beanie off and pulled it over my eyes.

"I can't see," I pointed out.

"I know," Jeydon answered. He gripped my shoulders tightly and they pushed me into the nearest store, which happened to be a Pac-Sun.

The hat was removed from my eyes. "All better," Damon said. "You alright?"

"I was fine, and I dont want anything from here." I folded my arms over my chest. It was great that they cared, but I couldn't just live my life avoiding this kid. It's a small town.

They both held their hands up in surrender. "Fine," Jeydon said. "Let's go."

We walked past Douche Bag and his groupies. I felt somebody's eyes on me as I passed, but kept all my focus on maintaining a steady heartbeat, and the conversation happening in my group of friends.

We all stopped dead in our tracks as Jamie squeaked and skidded to a stop. "Check your instagrams, guys!"  

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and clicked on instagram. I had a notification of one new follower, one mention, and two likes. Then I saw who had done it all.

The follow notification read: @kellinquinn is now following you.

The mention was: @kellinquinn- its good talking to fangirls and having actual conversations @myatrietley @jamielovessws @jeyyounit11 @damonfizzy

and Kellin fricken Quinn had liked two of my photos.

I was smiling bigger than I ever had. I looked up at Jeydon and Jamie, asking for their permission. They both nodded, but Damon just looked confused. It was happy dance time, and in the middle of the mall.