Conspiracy

*Kellin's POV*

 Chaos broke out, like one of those gang fights where the two gangs meet up and beat the shit out of each other. It wasn't really fair if you thought about it. There were three of them (them being teenagers), and an entire band of nearly 30 year old men. Who had the disadvantage, though? From what I had gotten out of Jamie about this kid, he liked to think he was a bad ass and he wasn't afraid of anything. He liked to think that taking on 6 or 7 guys didn't intimidate him. However, he did know how to handle a gun, and there was one right next to his feet. If he got it, who knows what would happen.

Mariah tugged on the sleeve of my jacket and was looking up at me with big, worried eyes. "Can we get out away from all of... this?"

I nodded and went to go run back into the house, but she didn't have her crutches. Why was she against anything that could help her? I picked her up and put her over my shoulder. I went to go back inside her house, but then changed my mind. "How close are you with your neighbors?" I asked her.

"I'm really uncomfortable right now," she whined. 

"Just answer me," I pushed. I started walking to her neighbors house without knowing if I should or not. It was further away from Douche Bag and all the chaos.

'"They're like my second parents," she answered, suddenly sounding really uncomfortable. "Why?"

I knocked once on the door, and then pushed it open. "Hey, guys," Mariah smiled. "We just need a place to hang out for a few." 

"Oooookaaaayyy, honey," a lady sitting on the couch said. She didn't even look up from what she was doing on her laptop. 

Mariah directed me upstairs to a bathroom that, according to her, barely worked. There was no sink, the toilet didn't flush properly, and the shower tiles were basically peeling off. I set her down on the edge of the bathtub and I took a seat next to her, and we could still hear the fight outside. She cringed, then stood up. "We have to go get Jeydon," she said. "And Jamie. And my mother is probably having a heart attack."

"Sit back down," I told her. "They'll be fine. Anyways, I'd like to see Jamie kick that girl's ass."

She smiled a little, but it was different than every other time I had ever seen her smile. It seemed kind of forced, like she was trying to act like she was okay, but in reality she wasn't. I knew exactly how that felt. It was the same smile I had most likely put on most of the time that I had been around Katelynne for the past few years. The way that you smiled through tears. What a depressing thought. 

"So this apocalypse thing," I began, trying to change the subject. "How is it your fault?"

"Oh yeah!" She sat back down. "I was going to say that it's kind of everybody's fault, you know? Like, maybe if the government wasn't so corrupt, or people didn't litter, we wouldn't have this issue."

"Interesting theory," I nodded. "What exactly are your survival plans for this upcoming apocalypse?"

"Oh, I don't have one. The same way I repel dirt, I repel the apocalypse."

"I-"

I didn't get to finish, because red and blue lights flashed throught the curtains and sirens blared. Of course somebody called the police.

-----

 *Jamie's POV*

I had the little bitch pinned to the ground by her hair. Had Douche Bag not been so preoccupied with Jeydon and a few of the members of SWS, he most likely would have tried to peel me off of her. He never would have touched me though. That goes against everything he believes. He would never lay a hand on a woman, even if she was beating the shit out of his best friend. 

Then we heard the sirens and our vision was clouded by red and blue flashing lights. 

We all cursed under our breath and stood up, brushing ourselves off. Douche Bag and his possie tried to make a run for it, but I grabbed on to their wrists and held them back. They started all of this.  They weren't getting away that easy.

The police pulled up in front of the driveway and got out of their cars. I really didn't think that what I had been doing was wrong, but I felt guilty. It's just something about the way policemen look at you that makes you feel like you had just terrorized a two year old child and eaten a puppy. I could barely look them in the eyes. Especially because I knew these cops.

"Jamie," Officer Marc Goets said as he walked up to me. "Jeydon." He shook his head. He was only 27, but when he was in uniform, he acted like he was one of the old ones with a stick in his ass. But he wasn't. He was my older cousin. "I had kind of hoped that they had given me the wrong address. Where's Mariah? Are you guys just causing trouble at her house without her?"

As if on cue, Mariah and Kellin emerged through her neighbors front door, coming over to stand next to me. Marc's partner, Officer Josh Crin, along with Officer Bobby and Officer Miller, who were both in their early 50s. walked up to us. They made us all sit down on the grass, saying that if we just did what they wanted us to here, they wouldn't have to take us in. 

"Now," Officer Miller began,"Tell us what happened, one at a time."

There were like 12 of us there. How do we decide who goes first? We all just kind of looked at each other, none of us wanting to speak up. Eventually, I got sick of the silence and didn't want to get taken to the police station. "They showed up," I said, gesturing to Douche Bag, Scottie, and Jessica. "And she shot through the window with that," I pointed to the gun next to the officer's feet. "Then we came out here to try and see what the hell they were doing, and they started threatening us, and cussing at us. Then he," I pointed to Douche Bag, "Pushed Jeydon, who started defending himself, and then it just kind of got out of control."

Marc tapped Mariah's cast with the toe of his shoes and asked her, "What did you do, kiddo?" He asked her.

"I fell," She shrugged. It was probably better to just leave out the rest of the story, at least for now. 

"Focus, Goets," Bobby barked. He was one of those 'all work and no play' kind of guys. "Does anybody disagree with the story she just told?"

I swear,  if anybody raises their hand, I will beat the life out of them. I didn't even really understand how people could lie to cops. Like, they just kind of have some way of staring you down, getting you to talk, and knowing if you didn't tell them the truth. I can't avoid that. I would never get away with anything that the cops got invlolved in. Nobody spoke up.

"Alrighty then," Bobby said. "You guys want to press charges?"

We all looked to Mariah for this one. Her eyes settled on Douche Bag, then looked back up at Marc and Josh. "No," she said quietly. "Just get them away from here."

What? How could she not want to press charges? The girl had threatened to shoot her! The girl had shot through her window! No way had they all come here to talk over tea and cookies with. They could be- should be- charged with possession of an illegal and unregistered weapon, trespassing, and assault. Why would she not want to get them taken away an charged for their crimes? That's what happens when people break the law. 

I didn't get to protest, though. I'm surprised no one else did. As soon as I had processed all of this, everybody was already standing up and going seperate ways. What on earth just happened?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*A/N Thanks you guys for reading! I've gotten over a hundred more reads in the past few days, and I hope that means that you guys like it. Whatever you guys have been doing to boost up the reads, please keep going! It honestly means a lot to me, so thank you. VOTE and COMMENT and please KEEP READING (: xoxo