Chapter Thirteen.

After school, you walked home. You stopped near a big tree and put on your (f/c) hoodie. You put up the hood and sat down against the tree. Your phone vibrated. You pulled it out and saw you had a text from your Mom.

Are you okay? Are you on your way? Do you want me to pick you up? I don't want you to get drenched in the rain.

You texted back:

I'm okay. I'm on my way. You don't have to pick me up, I will be fine.

You put your phone away and stared at the sky.

"Hi." You heard someone say. You looked in front of you and saw (friend's name).

"Hey." You replied.

(Friend's name) sat down next to you. "Why are you just sitting here? Your Mom will get worried."

"I had a. . Bad day. Jean and I argued. I don't think we're friends anymore. ." You said.

"Mm. Well, he'll come around, right? Eventually, he'll explain his side and you'll explain yours, if you want to." She smiled.

You couldn't help but smile back.

J looked at (friend's name). "Are you going to come along? And what are you doing with her? She's not like us."
"I'm talking to her. And you're right, she's not like us. She's better than us. She doesn't care if she is unpopular." (Friend's name) smiled.

J made a disgusted face. "Whatever. You're out of our group."

"Cool. It sucked anyway. You shouldn't make fun of people." (Friend's name) replied. J walked away.

"Thank you." You said.

"No problem. Do you want to go to my house?" She asked. You nodded. You both got up and started walking to her house. You texted your Mom:

Can I go to (friend's name)'s house?

Your Mom replied:

Yes. :)

You smiled and typed:

Thank you. Love you.

Your Mom texted:

Love you too! Xoxo

You put:

Xoxo

You put away your phone.

"Do you want to watch anime and eat Oreos?" (Friend's name) asked.

"Yes." You grinned.

"Great! Let's go!" (Friend's name) grabbed your arm and ran to her house. You laughed and ran with her.

"Simon! What?!" You yelled at the screen. You and (friend's name) were watching Gurren Lagann. [Sorry if you don't like that anime or if you don't like Oreos. I haven't seen Gurren Lagann yet. But I know a few character names.]

You grabbed an Oreo from the package of them. "Simon. Yes." You smiled.

"Do it. Do it. Do it." (Friend's name) chanted.

You laughed before you focused on the screen again. "What?!"

"Why-- Ohhh." (Friend's name) said.

"Oh. I see." You watched as the episode ended.

You looked at the time. 8:30.

"I think I should head back home. It's a school night." You got up and stretched.

"Okay, I'll walk with you." (Friend's name) shut down her computer.

You nodded. "Alright." You pressed the power button on your phone to the lock screen. A wave of disappointment washed over you as you saw there were no new texts. You probably showed your disappointment on your face because (friend's name) asked, "What's wrong?"

"No texts from Jean." You answered.

"Did you feel like a knife was stabbing you in the heart repeatedly when he left?" She asked.

"Yeah." You admitted.

"Why do you think that was?" She questioned.

"Because he's one of my best friends?" You answered.

"Incorrect answer." She right away replied.

You blinked and asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean. . You love him."