Chapter Thirty-Two.

"I--" Your gaze went to the floor.

"I need to go." Jean said with no emotion in his voice.

You got out of your seat and quickly walked up to him. "Jean, wait."

He looked at you with sympathy in his eyes. "I'm sorry. I think it's best if we don't talk for a while. Maybe that will give you some time to get over me."

He rejected me. Our friendship is basically over for who knows how long. It could be months or a year. He's making himself disappear from my life.

"I'm a bloody idiot, aren't I?" You laughed. "I fall in love to have that person walk out of my life for months or years. I can never make them stay, can I? Because, I'm not good enough. I'm not good enough to keep a friend or to have the person who I fell in love with, after he caught Ashton's drumstick and gave it to me, love me back. That's why I'm such an idiot."

"(y/n)--" He began, but you interrupted him.

"Don't." You laughed. "You don't have to spare my feelings, Jean. I don't need sparring. I'm not weak. Don't give me sympathy. Because, you will be with Mikasa forever. She's your dream girl, right?"

Hanji smiled and left the classroom, closing the door.

"No." Jean replied.

You blinked, not expecting that answer. "'No?'"

"No, she's not my dream girl. On the night of that 5 Seconds Of Summer concert. . When you smiled after I gave you that drumstick. . I knew you were the one I was supposed to be with. I didn't truly want to be with Mikasa, she's been rude." Jean said.

"How do you even love me? I'm not perfect, Jean." You said, looking at the floor.

He tilted your chin up. "I don't care if you are."

You stared into his eyes and leaned in. He leaned in also. Your lips met. It wasn't like the first kiss you shared with him. This one was more passionate. You both pulled away. You smiled.

He smiled back. "I'm going to break up with Mikasa."

You smiled. "Okay. Can we, er, take things slow?" You blushed.

"Yeah, that sounds great." He nodded. "We'll only like each other for now."

"Alright." You nodded.

Hanji entered the classroom. "Detention is over!" She grinned.

You grinned. "Okay. Thank you."

"No problem. See you tomorrow in class!" She waved.

You waved back and left the classroom with Jean.

"Um, I should go walk with (friend's name). She had detention for something that wasn't her fault." You said. "I'll text you."

"Okay. Bye." He waved. "I'm going to walk with Marco."

"Bye." You waved back and left.

Once you arrived at the house, you ran inside and hugged your Mom. "Mom! He likes me back."

Your Mom returned the hug, smiling. "Good! I'm so happy for you! Are you two dating?"

"No, I want to take things slow. We just like each other. It's going to stay that way. For now, at least." You said, pulling away from the hug.

"That's a wise decision. Your Dad should be home tonight. Why not introduce Jean?" She suggested.

You stared at her, shaking your head. "Dad's protective--"

"--So am I." Your Mom interrupted. "And I like the boy."

"I do too. I hope Dad does." You sighed.

"I'm sure he will. You're already allowed to date." Your Mom smiled. You nodded with a small smile. You heard a knock on the door. You looked through the window to see Mikasa.

"Um, Mom, I was in detention today--"
"What?"

"--I got into a fight with Mikasa, she taunted me about Jean. We're less than civil and she's here. In front of the house. We might want to hide until she goes away. She's tough--" But, your Mom was walking towards the door. "Mom! What are you doing?!"

She ignored you and opened the door. "Excuse me, why are you here? I don't want any cookies."

"I'm not here to sell cookies--" Mikasa began.

"Then, why are you here?" Your Mom asked, looking bored.

"Your daughter--" Mikasa tried saying.

"--Wasn't expecting anyone. Mikasa, is it? I've heard about you. Please leave." Your Mom said, closing the door.

Mikasa held her hand out, stopping the door. "No, thank you. I'll be going inside."

Your Mom glared at her. "I don't think it's your place to be making orders. You're not even able to drink legally." She spat.

Mikasa blinked. "You don't even drink. I'm going to enter now."

"What are you? Three? I. Said. 'No.' Now, leave. Or else I'll call Carla. She probably won't be happy. She certainly wasn't happy when she told me you got suspended. Do you want to test my patience, Mikasa Ackerman? You've already attacked my daughter after she refused to fight you. You do not want to see my protective side. And if you think I'm bad, her father is in the army." Your Mom gave her a death glare.

"I-I'm s-sorry to b-bother you, Mrs. (l-l/n)." Mikasa backed up.

"Goodbye." Your Mom smiled and closed the door.

You blinked, your jaw dropped. You quickly got out of shock. "Whoa. . Thank you."

"No problem, sweetie. See? I trust Jean for you to hang out with him." She smiled.

You grinned. "You're right. I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie." She replied.

--------------------------------

I got comments on the last chapter! As promised, here's an update! Keep the comments coming! ^-^

Also, I'm on vacation. I'm trying to update, but we do activities too.

Today, we went horseback riding. My tailbone hurt. And my legs are really tired.

Byeee. ~listens to 18 by 5 Seconds Of Summer~