Chapter Twenty-Seven.

You blinked. "So. . Should we, um, get going to the. . Car? If you want to, that is."

You mentally facepalmed.

What was that?!

"I mean, what else would we do? Stand here? Unless you want to. If you want to, that's. . Fine. And I'm going to shut up now." You said.

Jean chuckled. "You must really be fangirling over those drumsticks."

"Yep. The drumsticks." You nodded, walking next to Jean. You got into the passenger seat and put on the seat belt, as usual. Jean got into the driver's seat and did the same.

"Sorry for falling asleep so much." You apologized.

"Don't worry about it." He replied. His phone lit up, showing a picture of Mikasa and him.

You mentally sighed. "Um. . Do you want me to drive so you can talk to her?"

"Sure." You got out of the car and went into the driver's seat, buckling up. Jean did the same, but in the passenger seat.

He answered the phone. "Hey, babe."

You bit the inside of your cheek and started driving.

"Yeah. . Mhm. . I know, relax. . What? No. . Really? I'll have to ask my parents if I can come over. . No, I could not ask them. . I just don't want to. . Lie? No, no. I'll just visit tomorrow." Jean said, quickly ending the phone call.

"I see things are running smoothly." You said sarcastically.

"They are. She just wants to see me." He replied.

"How do you feel about her?" You turned the steering wheel to the right.

"She's amazing. I don't even know where to start. She's beautiful. She makes my heart beat quickly."

You do that to me.

Your heart broke hearing that. "Cool."
"Mhm--" Jean's phone lit up again, showing the picture of him and Mikasa. He answered it. "Hello again, beautiful."

A moment passed before he said, "It was good. . Yeah, I took photos. . Mikasa, me spending the night at your house will be an automatic 'no.' My parents. . Babe, I'll visit tomorrow. I promise. . Yes, I'll be there. Don't worry. . Nope. I can't. Okay? I'll see you tomorrow. You're amazing. . It's late, go to bed. . Okay, bye." He hung up.

You parked in front of your house and got out. "Bye." You walked inside, smiling.

"Hey." Your Mom smiled. "Someone's happy."

"Hey." You replied, hugging her. "Maybe."

"How come?" Your Mom returned the hug.

"The concert. And I realized something. ." You looked at the floor.

"What is it?" Your Mom asked, concerned.

"I realized I'm in love with Jean. . But, he's dating my friend. We've kissed before, but it didn't mean something. . Well, it did. . To me. I tried convincing myself it didn't. But, Mom, it did. Mikasa is dating him and I can't date my friend's ex-boyfriend." You said, sighing.

Your Mom hugged you. "Aw, honey. It's hard, I know. You should tell him how you feel. If your friend is really your friend, she'll understand. If he likes you. . I'm sure he does."

You sighed. "But, he doesn't. He feels what I feel. Except, with Mikasa. Not me."

"Honey, he doesn't know what he's missing out on."

"He doesn't?" You asked, wanting to cry.

"No. And you can let it out. ."

You did. You sobbed onto her shoulder. "I-I can't tell him. . It'll be hard t-to watch them t-together. ."