Chapter Twenty-Two

You helped your Mom put away the groceries. You were now sitting in your room. You turned on your phone to go on (favorite app). You saw you had 100 messages.

Jean: I'm really sorry.

Mikasa: (f/n), please don't be mad.

Jean: We had to keep it a secret. It would be awkward because we kissed.

(Girl name): Hey. Are we still friends? It's been a WHILE since we've talked.

(Friend's name): Hi.

(Friend's name): You okay?

(Friend's name): It's been an hour. I'm calling you.

(Friend's name): Either your phone is dead or it's off. Reply when you see this.

Jean: (f/n)

Mikasa: Plz don't be upset. I cherish our friendship. Plz don't ignore me.

Jean: Crap, (f/n). Reply. I'm really sorry.

Mikasa: Ur not replying.

Mikasa: I'll give you the rest of today. If you don't reply before tomorrow, I know we're not friends. .

(Girl name): Hellooo?

Jean: Please reply.

(Girl name): Ugh! I can't believe you!!! I AM SO MAD.

(Girl name): I'm sorry. . I didn't mean it.

You read the rest and sent to everyone "Stop spamming me. I was at the store."

You got a call from Jean. You reluctantly accepted the call. "What?"

"(f/n)! Please don't be mad! Mikasa couldn't tell you because we kissed!"

"I'm okay." You said. "It's not a big deal. You have a girlfriend. So what?"

"Oh. Okay." He sounded surprised. "Uh, you might want to call Mikasa."

"Will do. Bye." You hung up and called Mikasa.

"(f/n)!" Mikasa right away said before you could say anything.

"Hey. It's great if you date Jean. He really likes you." You went on Spotify and selected 5 Seconds Of Summer.

"Okay. Thanks." She said.

"Why are you thanking me?" You laughed.

"Well, everyone thinks there's something going between you two." Mikasa sounded like it was obvious.

"What?! No, no! There's nothing going on between us. Except that we're friends." You shrugged even if she couldn't see it.

"You two did kiss." She pointed out.

"So? That was like a 'Thank you' kiss. I was leaning on him for comfort and I kissed him. I was just upset, that's all." You said truthfully.

"Oh, I see. Well, Jean arrived so I have to go." Mikasa replied.

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye." She hung up.

You plugged your earphones into your phone and played Social Casualty. You started singing along.

"(f/n)-- Oh." Your Mom said.

You looked at her and took out one of the earphones. "Is everything okay?"

"Um. . Yes. . . I didn't know where you were." Your Mom replied. "Do you like Jean?"

"What?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Do you like Jean?"

"Mom. . No. Not like that. As friends, yes. As a crush, no." You answered.

"Okay, honey." Your Mom walked away.

What was that about? Oh well.

You sighed and put the earphone back in. You hummed along to the song.

--

Jean sighed.

So, that kiss meant nothing? Wait, no! You're dating Mikasa!

Mikasa glanced at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. Uh, where's the restroom?" He asked.

"Once you leave the room, it's on your right." She said. "You can't miss it."

"Alright. Thanks." Jean got up and walked towards the restroom. Eren left the restroom and said, "What are you doing here?"

"Mikasa invited me." Jean answered. "Now can I use the restroom?"

"Why would she invited you?" Eren scowled.

"Because, I'm dating her." Jean had to stop himself from smirking. He went past Eren, inside the restroom.

--

"It started on a weekend in May--" You sang before you were cut off by your phone ringing. You answered it, "Hello?"

"Hi, (f/n). It's Jean." At this, you blinked.

"Aren't you at Mikasa's?" You asked.

"Yeah."

"So. . Why did you call, Iron-Man?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Well. . That's a good question. I--" He stayed silent for a second. Then, yelled, "Yeah, I'm fine! Thanks!" You heard the phone adjusting.

"You. .?"

"I. . Should go. Yeah." He said.

"Um, okay. ." You replied, bemused.

"Bye." He hung up.

"Well, that was weird. ." You muttered, playing your music again.

--------------------------

Did anyone get the 5SOS song you were singing before the phone rang?

Also, what do you think about this book?

Please don't make it awkward and not comment. You can comment for the first question too. :)