Chapter Fifteen.

You checked your phone while you were walking to your next class. There were no new texts still. You put your phone away and continued walking.

"I don't know, Marco. . She sent me a text apologizing, but I don't know what to do. She didn't even let me explain." Someone behind you said. You froze and recognized that voice immediately. It was the voice that belonged to Jean.

"Hey, watch where you're going." Jean sounded annoyed.

You luckily had the hood of your hoodie on. You quickly said "Sorry" before you bolted away.

Jean's face softened as he heard her voice. He stood there, watching her run away.

In Math class, you listened to the teacher's monotone voice. Your phone vibrated loudly, causing people to look around.

"Whose phone was that?" He asked. You looked around the room, making students believe it wasn't yours.

After ten minutes, you raised your hand.

"Yes, (l/n)?" He raised an eyebrow at you.

"Um, Sir, can I use the restroom?" You said politely.

"Yes. I trust that you won't skip, correct?" He continued writing on the chalk board.

"Correct." You replied, leaving the classroom. You used the restroom, washed your hands and re-entered the stall. You took out your phone and saw it was a text from Jean. Full of fear, you viewed the text:

It's okay. I understand how you feel. I should have understood at the time. You've been through a lot. Meet me at the tall tree near the school once school gets out.

You were confused but replied:

Okay. And shouldn't you be in class Iron-Man?

He texted:

I am, Spider-Man. But, it's a free day in that class. What did you do? Sneak to the restroom to text me?

You replied:

Um.

He quickly typed:

Haha. Well, get to class. Bye.

You smiled and put:

Bye.

You turned off your phone and left the restroom before running back to class. You had been gone for two minutes. You slowed down once you reached the classroom and entered it. You put the restroom pass away and sat down.

After school, you waited by the tree that you sat down against when (friend's name) saw you. You saw Jean walk up to you.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hi." You smiled.

"Um, do you want to go to a park or something next Saturday? There's rides and animals. ." He said.

Well, Dad will be gone two days before then. .

"Sure, why not?" You grinned.

"Really? Great!" He smiled. "See you then! I have to go to Marco." He walked off.

"Oh. My. Gosh!" (Friend's name) squealed from behind you.

You jumped, startled. "How long were you standing there?!"

"Just now, after he left. I heard the conversation. Did you notice anything different?" She asked.

"Um, one thing. He usually says 'Not as a date or anything. Just as friends.' But, he probably forgot." You shrugged.