Chapter Thirty-Nine.

"(y/n), that's not fair." Jean said, frowning.

"Life isn't fair, babe." You replied, eating the last spoonful of your ice cream.

"Where is it?" He sighed.

"I'm not telling you, Jean." You stuck your tongue out at him.

He started tickling you. You squealed and tried to push him away. "Where is it?"

"I'm. . Not. . Telling you!" You laughed.

"Are you sure?" He tickled you even more.

"Y-Yes! I'm sure!" You giggled.

"Oh? The tickle monster will continue attacking, then!" He smirked.

You continued laughing. "Stop! Stop! I'll tell you. . If you kiss me."

Jean stopped tickling you. You stood up and grabbed onto his cheeks and leaned in. When your lips almost touched his, you moved your head to the side and licked the side of his face before running away.

"Gross! Get back here!" He ran after you.

"Never!" You yelled, increasing your speed.

"I have your phone! I'll send an embarrassing tweet to 5SOS." He hollered.

"No! Don't you dare!" You turned around to see a smirking Jean.

"Oh. Maybe I will. But, I might not, if. . You tell me where the ice cream scooper is." He replied, tossing your phone into his other hand back-and-forth.

"Don't you dare drop my phone, Kirstein." You warned.

"I might, (l/n). If I'm not careful." He smirked.

"You're such a--" You were interrupted by the sound of thunder.

"I'm such a what?" He asked innocently.

"Nothing. . It's in here." You walked over to the cabinets and opened one, taking the ice cream scooper out. You handed it to him and grabbed your phone. "Thanks."

"No problem." He replied, scooping some ice cream into a bowl.

"Mm. You're amazing when you're not threatening to drop my phone or send embarrassing photos." You said.

"Thanks. You're amazing when you're not running around the house because a band followed you." He started eating his ice cream.

You rolled your eyes and washed your now empty bowl in the sink, along with your spoon.

"I love you." You heard Jean say.

"I love you, too." You smiled and walked over to him, giving him a peck on his cheek.

He turned his head and leaned in, kissing you.

You blinked, surprised. But, kissed back. Once the kiss ended, you smiled. "Gosh, you're so amazing."

Jean grabbed your hand, holding it. "So are you. How did I get so lucky?"

"I don't know." You joked. He playfully rolled his eyes. "But, seriously, I'm not amazing. If anything, I got lucky with you." You kissed his cheek.

Jean took out his phone. "Oh, I have to answer this. I'm sorry, I'll be back in a second. Love you." He kissed your nose and went into another room.

You smiled, hiding your disappointment. "Okay. I hope everything is well." But, he was already talking on the phone in the other room. You sighed and got yourself a slice of pound cake, eating it.

"Hey, babe, I'm sorry. It was important." He smiled.

You returned the smile. "Don't worry, it's fine. I understand."

"You're so kind." He sighed, pulling you into his embrace.

You giggled, "You've been giving me so many compliments."

"Because I love you." He smiled, giving you a peck on your cheek.

"I love you, too, Jean." You grinned. His phone rang.

"I have to take this." He sighed. "I'm really sorry. My friend won't leave me alone. I am really sorry. I'll just tell them to talk to me later."

"Marco wants to hang out? You should go. It will be fun." You exclaimed.

"U-Um, yeah. But, not today. He's making reservations at a hotel." Jean said, smiling.

"Ooh, a hotel? Sounds fun. It's going to be a 'guy trip?'" You grinned.

"Yeah. Connie, Bertholdt, Reiner, Levi, Marco, and I. It's going to last two weeks. Um, I should take this." He sighed.

"Oh, yeah, of course!" You nodded.

"Thanks." He walked into another room again.

Ten minutes later, he re-entered the kitchen. "I'm really sorry."

"It's perfectly fine." You said. "Jean, I don't get it."

"Get what?" He asked, puzzled.

"You're amazing and I'm. . Me. I don't deserve you. You're amazing. If we were ratings. . You'd be a ten and I'd be a--" He interrupted you.

"Ten. You'd be a ten. No, a twenty." He walked behind you and wrapped his arms around you. He kissed your cheek.

You blushed. "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me for saying the truth." He chuckled.

At that moment, you knew how lucky you were to be Jean's girlfriend.

-----------------------------

Tomorrow is the Teen Choice Awards. I believe 5SOS was nominated. They're going to perform "She's Kinda Hot." The Teen Choice Awards starts at 8:00 PM EST, I think. Don't take it from me. Google it, because I could be wrong.

So, yeah. .

I love every single one of you. You're not alone. My words might not mean much to you, but they're true.

Byee.