Chapter Twenty.

-Normal POV-

You felt someone grab your arm. You looked behind you to see Eren.

"(f/n), are you okay? You seem. . Upset." Eren released his grasp on your arm.

"Yeah. I'm kinda upset. Some people are brutally honest." You said, irritated.

"They are." He nodded. "Don't worry about him. I'm guessing it's Jean. .?"

You nodded then said, "You're right. Why should I worry?"

He shrugged. "You shouldn't."

"Exactly." You smiled. "Thank you, Eren."

"No problem." He smiled back. You hugged him. He returned the hug.

"I think I should go back." You said. "I'll text you later."

"Alright. Bye!" He waved before he left. You walked in the direction you came from. You froze, seeing Jean kissing Mikasa.

That kiss meant nothing. Now I know that. .

You looked at them sadly.

Stop looking! It'll hurt!

"Why would I care?" You asked yourself.

I have to face the fact that Jean kisses other girls. After all, Mikasa is his dream girl. Plus, Jean and I are like siblings! . . Right? . . Yes! Of course!

You received a text from Eren:

Are you seeing what I'm seeing?

You typed:

The kiss? Yes.

Eren replied:

Mikasa's dead.

You sent:

Jean's dead.

Eren:

So, you're going to get back at him?

You:

Possibly. I don't think so. I'm going to go, bye.~

Eren:

Bye.

You put your phone away and sighed. You walked towards Mikasa and Jean. Once you reached them. They quickly pulled away and looked away from each other.

"I'm going to go get some water." Mikasa said, walking away.

"(f/n), I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you." Jean apologized.

"It's fine. I'm sorry I smashed the fruit in your face." You replied.

"I deserved it." He chuckled.

"Maybe." You agreed. Jean looked into your eyes and leaned in. You leaned in also, until realization came. .

"No." You backed up.

"What's wrong?" Jean asked, puzzled.

"I won't kiss you. I get it, you kiss other girls. Not that it matters to me. Because, our kiss meant nothing. But, maybe your kiss with Mikasa did. So, congratulations. I'll be your friend. But, you can't kiss me ever again." You casually said.

"It's not like tha--"

"Jean. Listen. Mikasa is your dream girl. Hook up with her. I think you two would hit it off."

"Wait, no--"

"She's coming back. Make your move." You smiled softly. You walked away, giving them some space.

You should have stopped him-- No! If he wants to date Mikasa, he can.

You sighed. "Life is so confusing." You took out your phone and plugged on your earphones. You put the earphones in your ears and played She's Kinda Hot by 5 Seconds Of Summer. You tapped your foot to the beat. Soon, you started singing along. You smiled.

Jean and Mikasa walked over to you. "There's nothing going on with us." Mikasa said. "I like someone else. ."

You took out one of your earphones. "Pardon? Sorry, I couldn't hear you through my earphones."

"There's nothing going on with Jean and I. I like someone else." Mikasa repeated.

"Oh. Okay." You shrugged.

"So, you can have him." Mikasa added kindly.

You snorted. "Have him? We're not even liking each other. Jean's liking you and I'm possibly liking someone."

That someone is Jean. But, I'm not sure if I like him.

You bit the inside of your cheek.

"Want to go see the animals?" Mikasa asked you and Jean.

That kiss meant nothing, though. Because, he still kissed Mikasa. So, why am I still hoping that he'll like me?
You blinked.

I didn't just think that.

"Sure, yeah. Let's go!" You smiled and linked arms with Mikasa before you three started walking.

-Jean's POV-

I screwed up. Big time. I don't know if (f/n) still trusts me. I wasn't loyal to her, even if we weren't dating. We're not together, are we? Nope. I don't even like her like that! Then why was I about to kiss her?! I don't know! She said we'd still be friends. But, if she trusts me. . That's a mystery.

"Jean? You coming?" She asked.

"Yeah." I catch up to her and Mikasa before I walk next to her. It's senior year for us in high school. "Where will you go for college next year?"

"Hm? Oh. I've been thinking about going to the state college. I don't know." She sighed.

-Normal POV-

"We only have half of the school year left." Jean said.

"I know. Well, what about you? Where do you want to go to college?" You questioned.

"State college. Marco's going there too. Plus, it'll be closer to my family." He answered.

"Ah. I see." You nodded.

"Mhm. Mikasa, where do you want to go?" Jean looked at her.

She shrugged. "Eren has been thinking about going to (other state). I think I'll go with him."

You smiled. "I think that would be cool. You get to see other places."

Mikasa smiled back and nodded.

You bite the inside of your cheek as you three continue walking.

---------------------------

What do you guys think? ;) Please comment.

Listening to: She's Kinda Hot.

ONE OF THE BEST. SONGS. EVER!

<3

Bye! I love you all so much!