Chapter Twelve.

You saw Jean in the cafeteria. You walked over to him.

"Hey (f/n)--" He saw the coldness in your eyes and flinched. "Are you--" He was cut off by your hand coming into contact with his cheek.

"No. Turns out my best friend wasn't kissing Mikasa!" You hissed.

"I can explain. ." He said.

"Explain your lie? Go ahead." You crossed your arms.

"I-I couldn't tell you who I liked." He replied, nervous.

"Why not--" You saw the sadness in his eyes. Your eyes widened.

No. . It can't be. .

You backed up. "I just remembered I need to go to the bathroom. ." You lied.

"No, you don't." He told you, his voice laced with hurt.

"You d-don't know my blatter, Kirstein." You replied.

"You're lying. You don't need to go, (l/n)." Jean had a sad look on his face. You had to resist hugging him.

"I'm lying? You lied about Mikasa. I gave you advice. Even if--" You stopped talking.

"Even if what?" Jean asked, frowning.

"Even if it turned out to be a lie." You replied and ran, ignoring him calling your name.

You kept running as fast as you could. You heard footsteps behind you. You ran faster.

"(f/n)!" You heard Jean yell. You kept running. "Wait! (f/n)! Stop!"

"Why should I?!" Your voice cracked. "Why give you the opportunity to let me put all of my trust in you and then watch it all go away?!"

"You don't know why I lied. Let me tell you!" Jean had caught up to you. He wrapped his arms around you, holding you there.

You started crying. "No! I-I c-can't! Everyone's walked out on me! I won't let you have the o-opportunity to!"

"(f/n). Shh. Just let me explain why." You blinked and remembered something.

You had a boyfriend for the past two days. You cared for him deeply.

"Hey." You smiled.

"Hi." He replied, sighing.

"Tough day at school?" You asked. You both were halfway to your house.

"You don't think I actually showed up, do you?" He smirked.

"I know you didn't. You didn't show up." You sighed. You had straight 'A's. But, he was a typical bad boy. He could be sweet at times. But, once you two actually dated, he was less sweet.

"Sorry, doll. I'll come tomorrow. . For thirty minutes or less." He still smirked.

The next day, he didn't walk with you from school. You usually walked by yourself when you were less than a block from the neighborhood. Your Mom knew about you both, but she didn't like him.

You texted him.

Hey.

Two hours later, he didn't reply. Finally, you got a text from him.

Hello, this is Kyonue.

Confused, you typed back.

Um, hi. . This is his girlfriend.

You received a reply.

His friend who is a girl? Cool! I'm his girlfriend. Like, who he's dating.

You quickly sent a text back:

What? He's dating me.

Another text.

No, no. He didn't say he had a girlfriend when I met him yesterday.

Anger filled you as you texted:

Tell him that I say we're over.

She replied:

He's going to a girl's house. I'll tell him like when he gets back. :) Bye!

You stared at the screen as tears ran down your cheeks.

"Hey, babe-- What's wrong?" He asked.

"This." You hissed, showing him your phone. "Who's Kyonue?"

"Crap. Just let me explain why. ."

Afterwards, you dumped him and broke down crying.

You stopped remembering that and got out of his grasp. You had calmed down, but you were angry again. "No. I won't let you explain why. I won't get hurt again, Jean."

"I'm not going to hurt you! Why would I hurt the person I--" He stopped talking and sighed.

"The person you what?" You crossed your arms and frowned.

"The person I. . Forget it." He turned around and walked off. You didn't know why, but you felt like a knife stabbed you in the heart over and over again.

---------------------
Sorry if I make you seem like a jerk. It'll explain eventually.

Shout out to Fandom-Before-Blood for answering my question! :) You should follow her. But, I won't force you. Check out her stories!

I got tickets for a The Vamps concert! Woo!

Bye!