Chapter Thirty-Three.

You heard a knock on the door. You looked out the window. "It's Dad!" You quickly opened the door and hugged him.

"Hey, kiddo!" He returned the hug, grinning. Once you both pulled away, he entered the house. Your Mom hugged and kissed your Dad before explaining what happened with Mikasa at the door and how you got into a fight with her and had detention.

"You had detention? Wait, no-- More importantly-- Who is Jean? Is he your boyfriend?" Your Dad asked.

You blushed and shook your head. "No. . Not yet, anyway. We sorta like each other, but we're taking things slow."

"Mm. Call him over." Your Dad said.

"(d/n), you just got home--" Your Mom began.

"I know, honey. But, I'm going to meet this boy--" Your Dad was saying.

"--And you will. But, at least sit down." Your Mom crossed her arms.

Your Dad sighed and sat down in a chair. "(y/n), please, call him."

"Okay." You nodded and pulled out your phone. "Um, should I invite him for dinner?"

"Yes." Your Dad nodded.

You selected Jean's contact and called him.

On the third ring, you heard Jean's voice say, "Hello?"

"Hey, it's (y/n). Do you want to have dinner with my Mom, Dad and I?" You asked.

"Sure, let me ask my mom." You heard the phone moving. After a minute, he said, "She said 'sure.' I'll be there. What time?"

"Um," You looked at your Mom and mouthed 'What time?' She mouthed back 'Six thirty.' "Does six thirty work?"

"Yeah, that's fine. See you then." He replied.

"See ya." You smiled before you hung up. "He'll be here."

"Good." Your Mom smiled. She looked at your Dad. "Don't be cold, mean or rude to Jean. He's nice and I ship him with (y/n)."

"'Ship?' I'm confused." Your Dad said, puzzled.

"It's when-- You just picture two people together." You replied.

He nodded. "I see."

"Let's go make dinner, (y/n)." Your Mom said, standing up.

"Alright." You got up and walked to the kitchen.

"(d/n). If Jean arrives, do let him in. And be nice. Or else the sofa is yours tonight." Your Mom warned before following you. You laughed.

"So, what should we make?" You asked.

"Anything!" Your Mom grinned.

You smiled. "Okay. So, several things. ."

--

An hour and a half later, you and your Mom were done. Your Dog entered the kitchen. Your Mom had gotten you the dog so you would have more company while your Dad was away.

"Hey, how's my (boy/girl)?" You beamed, crouching down and petting it.

The dog barked, its tail wagging. You laughed.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. You turned around to walk to the door, but your Mom grabbed your arm, making you turn your head to look at her.

"Trust your Dad. He can do this. He's protective, but not the I-will-murder-you type." Your Mom laughed.

"Okay." You laughed with her. A moment later, you saw Jean and your Dad enter the kitchen. Both of them were smiling. "Hey." You smiled.

"Hey." Jean replied. You hugged him and pulled away after he returned the hug.

"Hello, Jean! It's so good to see you again!" Your Mom smiled, breaking the awkwardness, thankfully.

"Hello, Mrs. (l/n)." He grinned.

"Give me a hug." She beamed, hugging him. He casually returned the hug.

Once it ended, he shook your Dad's hand. "Hello, Mr. (l/n). It's nice to meet you."

Your Dad shook Jean's hand with a small smile. "You too, Jean."

"Let's eat." Your Mom said. You nodded in agreement. You all sat down at the dinner table. You and your Mom made spring rolls, soup, rice and beans, steak, french fries and a few other foods. You smiled proudly. Everyone was waiting. Except Jean was waiting, not knowing why.

"The guests pick out their food first." You said quietly. It was kind of awkward.

Jean blinked. "Thank you." He picked out some of his food and put it on his plate. Then your Dad, your Mom and finally you. You grabbed a spring roll and some other food.

Jean was making jokes and telling stories, making everyone laugh. Even your Dad. You smiled. Eventually, Jean had to go. Everyone was already done eating. You and your parents had washed the dishes, after Jean insisted that he should help, you let him clean the table, giving in.

You walked him out to his car and hugged him. "Bye, Jean. This was nice." You smiled.

He smiled back, returning the hug. "Yeah. I enjoyed it. I'm also glad I got to meet your Dad."

"Me too. He likes you." You laughed.

Jean chuckled. "That's good to know. I'll see you tomorrow at school."

"See ya." You grinned before he got into his car and drove off.

----------------------------------

What do you all think? Remember:

More comments means faster updates.

You all are doing a good job with that!

I love you.

Byeee.