🕰️ • Chapter 36 • 🕰️

🕰️ • Jennie POV • 🕰️

.
.
.

🕰️

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

As I opened my eyes I was standing in front of a familiar door in a hallway that was in the Manoban's residence. Thunder was heard making me flinch in fright. Rustling sounds came from behind the door which was the door to none other than Mr. Manoban's office in his home.

I went through the door like a ghost and my eyes widened as I saw Lisa on the floor with bruises and cuts on her arms and legs as she wore a white with no sleeves and short.
"I told you to stop going to the Kim's residence everyday! They'll think you're a burden that bothers them daily!" Mr. Manoban yells angrily at Lisa who had a calm look, subsiding the pain...

My heart sank by the sight since I've never seen Mr. Manoban beat her this way, knowing he does, but only the time I saw was when she slapped Lisa when we first met at age six, while playing hide and seek. I wanted to stop him from hitting her but it was no use... I would just go through his hits like a ghost thinking at some point I could prevent it but couldn't...

"Tsk, you're nothing but a disgusting disgrace!"
He shouts as he kicks her and throws a book at her legs that already bled with bruises.
Lisa who had a calm face soon looks at her face with a smile knowing now that she does that because if she cried it would make things worse.

"I'm sorry for being a disgusting disgrace father"
She smiles as if she loved her father who cherished her knowing he doesn't.
The pain she just hides behind that smile...
In the last life I knew she smiled all the time even when I wasn't good to her... foolishly unaware she had been hiding the pain...