Nine

Puvi

She has arrived again.

Fortunately, she's in decent clothes now. A black T-shirt and grey knee-length trousers. After the way she behaved with me in the evening, I decided to be quite strict with her. Besides, I'm still coming to terms with the words she spilled out during our argument. I regarded her as a silly and childish one until a few hours ago...

Now I'm not sure how to perceive her. She has acted so inappropriately that it is urging me to feel disdain for her. Yet, the gentle part of me, the one that pampered her ever since she was a baby, is hesitating to be mean to her. But I'm not going to listen to it anymore. I've had enough.

Dhana has crossed the boundaries and it's my responsibility as well to rectify her. Being strict, meagerly to discipline her isn't wrong. If any, I should be blamed If I were soft with her henceforth.

She'd claimed to kill the person I love, which is, her own sister. Even if it isn't Kaarmugil, threatening to murder someone is plain stupid. I didn't know Dhana would be so...into me that she's ready to become a murderer and throw her self-respect in the trash.

I'm pondering about whether to reveal about Mugil and my relationship with Dhana. I'm confident that she would move on once she's exposed to the truth but Mugil had asked me to keep this a secret and I'm bound by our promise.

I suppose it's fine. Within a few days, Mugil will surely land a job and we'll reveal our love openly to everyone. Until then, I've no choice but to deal with this insane little one.

"Puvi..." She calls again but I give her no attention. Instead, I turn off the flame and grip the handle of the pan to pour the egg rice I'd prepared onto a plate.

"Um...that smells so good, Puvi!" I don't mind her, neither do I show any reaction on my face. "Oooh, you are ignoring me? As If that would make me love you any less?" She follows me as I walk to the lounge and place the plate on the small table situated in front of the couch.

"Puvi, I want you to do something," I grab the remote from my left side and unmute the television. Dhana declines to my other side.

"Puvi," she scratches my arm and I was stuck in a dilemma on whether to berate her or disregard her. "Puvi, my father bought me this anklet. He'd bought Mom a new one as well and he, himself clasped it on her ankles. I'd the desire to have you fasten this on my ankles. Would you do that for me, please!?" She sounds cute but I'm not going to fall for her manipulation.

I started to dig into my food while watching the cricket being displayed on the sports channel and I totally neglected her existence. She was eerily silent...

I'd the impulsion to watch her face and see what she's plotting but I stop myself as I don't even desire to acknowledge her.

"Well, If you're going to proceed with that attitude, then I've no option..." The food clogs in my throat when her black t-shirt flies in the air and lands over the television.

This girl...

I fist my hands because I can't see or bash her in the half-naked state she's in.

"Why have you quit having your food, Puvi? I am invisible in your eyes, aren't I?" From my peripheral vision, I can sense her intention to remove her trousers. However, before she could do so, I turned to her and directed my gaze at her eyes.

I possess no motive to have a look at her body. "Are you fucking crazy!? Is this how I raised you? Is this how your parents raised you!?" She smiles.

What in the world!?

"You look so attractive when you become angry..." I'm really clueless. How am I supposed to deal with her?

"Puvi, fuck me...please," I icily gaze at her. "Why are you acting so cheaply, Dhana?" She doesn't react.

"Do you have any problem up in your head, Dhana!? I just don't like you in that way Dhana. I've no feelings for you. And I'm committed to someone else! Get this in your brain!" I grit out at her while she just...giggles.

I've lost hope.

"I'm aware of all that, Puvi. But whatever you say, you are mine and I'm yours. Even If you despise me, I'll still love you Puvi. Just give me a chance...I can give you the love you deserve! I've been with you all your life and I've seen all your struggles. Who else other than me could love you right, Puvi?" She breathes out and regards me with an emotional look on her face.

And she continues...

"You say you are committed to her. But I think you're wasting your time! If she truly loves you, why is she not taking care of you!? Why doesn't she come to meet you? Is she that busy? Well, she might be! Let's leave that, but tell me why haven't I seen you being truly happy even when you claim to have found your love? And If your lover doesn't make you feel pleased from within, is she even the right one for you?" I chuckle at her utterances.

I'm never falling for this vicious one's manipulative talks.

"The reason why you haven't seen me being truly delighted is because I miss her. I'm longing for her presence. And she does come to meet me often and those were the most happiest days of my life," Dhana's eyes swirl with hatred at my words

"I'll introduce her to you in a few days...you'll definitely like her," I pat her cheek with my left hand and resume having my food.

"Get dressed Dhana and go to your home, Dhana," I say as I change the channel to a music one.

She obliges me and walks to the television. I had my eyes on the music channel while she got dressed.

"...this is not the end, Puvi. You'll definitely love me one day. She's not the one for you, but I'm," I shake my head at her.

"I'll keep coming back to you Puvi. You'll lose yourself to me soon...and when that happens, you'll have no way but to break up with your so-called girlfriend," a frown finds its way on my face as I peer at Dhana.

She's speaking like a villainess.

"Podi..." (Just go) I usher her out and she, squeezing the box within her hands with a sad look towards me, exits my apartment.

Peace embraces me as soon as she leaves. This is what I desire...

Mugil, she's calm.

Unlike Dhana, who is a violent storm.
______________________________