Fourty two

Vote and comment🦋

Dhana Lakshmi

My third-semester examinations have commenced and I've been so nervous about it...because this time, none would be willing to help me copy.

I'm all on my own and that's dreadful!

Today I had the first examination and I did write it pretty well. As anticipated, the guy whose place was allotted next to me spared no glance in my direction as he wrote the exam. Before the incident that shattered my bond with all the boys, this guy used to let me mimic his answers thoroughly...

But now he doesn't even care to glimpse my way. It was agonizing yet I calmed myself by thinking of Puvi.

He's there for me. So it's okay.

However, after I'd completed the exam and stepped out of the hall, everyone stood in a group of two or three as they discussed the answers and the difficulty level of questions...

Meanwhile, I stood alone and packed my stuff. It was heartbreaking. Even though I did well in the examination as a result of Puvi's consistent and effective training—I couldn't feel pleased, given the situation that currently exists.

If Swetha comes out of the gall, she might start a conversation with me but no one else than her is interested in speaking to me. They neglect my existence and it is painful...

Sighing somberly, I passed by the hall and lowered the stairs. As I attain the ground floor, I humid air brushes past my bristles and has me squint my eyes. It was 4.25 pm now. Our exam starts at 1.30 pm and ends at 4.30 pm. Puvi dropped me off and he said that he would come to pick me up as well.

Considering that he had to terminate his office duration early, I asked him to not bother—however, Puvi lent no care to it and was stubborn to assist me commute.

With slow and lazy steps, I saunter down the premises of the college and watch as my friends—well ex-friends, stand in the parking lot and laughing merrily. I felt jealous but soothed myself and made my way out of the main gate.

The lack of friendship will always remain a void in my life...

I can't do anything about it and I'm reaching a point where I'm getting used to being alone in class.

It's fine. Perhaps my life was supposed to be void of friends.

I've already mulled over it enough. I should cease being worried about it...

Determined to not speculate on it, I fold my hands over my chest and wait out of the main gate while looking for Puvi. Oh and...at this time, there will be certain crazy guys who would ride their bikes in high speed to attract girls that spill off the college. As usual, the bikes were producing irritating noise as they dashed on the road.

The same bike that went by a few seconds ago again crossed me and I give a suspicious glance as I eye the bike. There were two guys on it—with purple and blue shirts and spiky hair.

As I was wondering about their intention, the bike again appeared in my direction and paused in front of me. "Hey...what's your name?" I offer the silly-looking boys a dead look and move from there.

And indeed, they had to stalk behind me with their bike. I wasn't in the mood to deal with them and slipped my phone out of my jeans pocket to ring Puvi. Just as I was about to contact him, I heard the sound of his bike...

It does have a peculiarity to it or maybe I'm very keen on noting its unique tone. I stuff the mobile inside my pocket and turn my head—regarding dreamily as Puvi whiffs across the guys' and pauses right in front of them.