Nineteen

Vote guys, the story is being written by a human, not a robot💀 (Again, I'm being really nice as I could🙂)

Puvi

The blueprint I'd planned for my life has disappeared the moment she broke up with me. The woman who ensured me peace, the one whom I considered to be my better half has left me in a puzzled state. I've spent all these years awaiting her and hoping that I could lead a serene life with her but she has shattered all my dreams.

She'd messed up everything.

The void in my heart has deepened now. Until the last day, I'd been mending it with the thought of receiving her affection for my lifetime. With that possibility gone, the damage in me has intensified.

How could I find a woman like her again? Who else other than her could be as understanding and tranquil as I please?

These worries are secondary to me when compared to the rage that flames within me. It wouldn't shrink until I scorch down the one behind the disruption of the life I'd desired and plotted out.

Dhana would be fortunate If it wasn't her behind her sister's decision but If I figured out otherwise, she'd heavily pay for it.

I'll cause her to.

After the termination of office hours, with a calculative mind, I vacate the building. I reach the apartment around 6 pm and refresh myself as the first thing. My head is heavy with thoughts that weigh equal to rocks.

I let out a hiss while decking on my casuals, unable to tolerate the ache in my temples. I rub it as I complete the task and settle on the couch.

It's been long since I teared up.

I loathe them, those tears. It was meaningless and didn't earn me anything other than an irritated look from the woman who birthed me. Hence I always attempted my best to act lively and put a smile on my face.

But now I'm failing.

I gulp and tilt my head up as the liquid starts generating within my eyes. The memories of my childhood are harsh, prompting me to end up in a pathetic state whenever I let myself wander in it. It's one of the reasons why I never wanted to turn to the initial pages of my life.

Breathing in, I run my palms over my countenance.

I've work to do.

I can't be weary now.

Painting a calm expression on my face, I make my way out of my apartment and enter Dhana's one.

I was taken aback when I saw her playing with her mom and laughing happily. Thamara aunt was threatening to tickle her and before she could actually do it so, Dhana was cackling merrily...

The duo didn't notice me yet. They were drowned in a playful mood.

Meanwhile, I keep my gaze stuck on Dhana whose light-hearted attitude raised skepticism within me, pushing me to confirm that this devil is indeed behind my heartbreak.

Given what had occurred two days ago, she is to be in despair but this delectation on her face strengthened my doubt over her.

"Puvi," Aunt calls, snapping me, as well as Dhana out from our own world.

Dhana suddenly masks her happiness and instead throws me a dull glance.

That enhanced my suspicions.

"Come inside pa," (an endearment) adhering to aunt's words, I walk in with a small smile. Dhana slowly backs off and closes herself inside her room.

"We fought as usual and she's angry with me again," I deceive aunt who sighs a breath out upon listening to me. "It seems to be an unending cycle," she replies while shaking her head and moving towards the kitchen.

"Have your dinner here with us tonight, okay?" I, with a smile, nod towards her. "I'll now go and console Dhana then," I say gently to aunt and shuffle towards her room.

As soon as I open the door and shut it behind me, I drop my facade.

"You were behind the breakup, weren't you?" I question to regard her reaction and as foreseen, the girl who was feigning to study while seated on the study chair stiffens.

But then, a wide smile swims across her lips as she looks towards me. "You broke up!? So you're single now, right!? Does that mean I've a chance with you..." She enthusiastically asks and approaches me.

"Dhana...Mugil told me everything," I lie while Dhana frowns. "What did Akka tell you? Why are you bringing her up now...? I don't get it," she appears confused.

But I could look past the pretense.

She's gone to the extreme level to have me love her back so there's a high possibility of her being the one that caused Mugil to sever our relationship.

"Dhana...Dhana Lakshmi, you want my love, don't you?" She stares into my eyes and nods vigorously.

"Then spill the truth. Were you the reason why Mugil broke up with me?
Did you reveal your love for me to Mugil when she returned? Did you request her to let go of me?" Dhana gasps at my words.

"The girl you're in love with is my sister!?" She wonders out loud but I've had enough of her silly acts.

I hold the scruff of her neck and pull her into me. She stares up at me with fearful yet dreamy eyes.

"Say the truth, Dhana. There could be no other explanation for our break up than you. We never fought, never had a misunderstanding, never argued and there has never been a third person in our relationship in these five years. Yet just a day after I give you peace of mind, Mugil returns and ends our bond. Did you think I'm dumb enough to not track that you are the one who instigated my break up!?" She gulps.

"Mugil and I were on good terms even on the day before she came here. We talked through mobile and she was speaking normally to me. But suddenly when she comes here, the first thing she wants is to shatter our relationship. The fuck is it? Who else other than you could have triggered it!?"

Her face turns pale the more I speak.

Indeed, it was her.

This little one that I raised has ruined my life. But I want her to accept it. I want to heed her spill the truth before  I take any steps.

"Look Dhana...what you did was right. If you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have known that I meant so little to Mugil," my words of manipulation drive Dhana to exhibit a glow in her eyes, without her knowledge.

She's blinded by love and my touch and I took advantage of the same.

I trail my hands to her waist and clutch her close to my body. She turns nervous while I meander my index finger under her chin and tip her head up to meet my eyes.

"Say, aren't you the one behind your sister's decision?" I wished she could say no but she remains quiet.

"I won't scold you If it's you..." I peck a kiss on her cheek and she, as though intoxicated, dazedly looks into my eyes.

"But I want you to be honest with me, Dhana. With Mugil gone, I've made up my mind to give you a chance," If she had been in her right mind, she would have seen through my words. However, now that I've drugged her with my touch and kiss, the girl is in a fazed condition.

"Did you cry to Mugil when she returned back home?" I question while brushing my nose with hers.

She nods.

My heart clenches at the answer.

"Did you ask her to break up with me?" I meagerly caress my lip to hers and she nods again, wilting every little hope I'd in her.

"You did good," I say calmly while burning in wrath inside. I wanted to slap her and watch her sobbing self but I've better plans...

She did all of this to have me...

And now, she'll have me and I'll make sure she regrets ever loving me.

With animosity, I press my lips against hers.

_________________________