𝐯. zombies, saddly, don't exist

-ˋˏ【 set in : after act three 】ˎˊ-

CASSIE BRADBURY sank her knees on the leaves.

Around her autumn was passing by, the leaves were turning golden, the trees were turning lankier, change was occurring.

And for that same reason she found herself there, staring at a tombstone, and a name.

Yasmin Bradbury, was etched onto stone.

It had been two months since the battle of Manhattan, or so, Cassie wasn't great on keeping up with time— major douchebag time ( Kronos ).

But the events that had happened then still occupied her mind, specially the guilt.

"So..." she started quite awkwardly, staring at a stone. "I don't know where to start."

There was silence.

Cassie wrapped her trench coat around her, fumbling with the belt as she did.

"I suppose I just wanted to apologise, you shouldn't have died because of Kronos and all, so yeah... I'm sorry."

She continued.

"Do you remember that time I managed to get hold of a Vogue?" Cassie snorted. "We both laid on the rug, reading the articles and staring at the pictures. My fixation on clothes comes from there."

There was silence, it wasn't like Cassie expected an answer, but it still felt weird to be there.

"I suppose I'm here to say hello and goodbye, I didn't even go to the funeral, I didn't even know where you were. Thank the gods for Annie's detective skills."  She paused. "You didn't know who Annie is, or the Stolls, or who Ethan was, or Silena, or who Percy is."

"Boarding school is great, I don't know why Rachel was so scared to go— Rachel is my friend and the oracle— anyways, did you know I got an A+ in art? I'm very proud of that."

The leaves rustled, but she continued.

"You met Percy once, actually, but you were kind of out of it." Cassie bit her the inner wall of her mouth. "The war is over mom, there's finally peace. So yeah... I kind of came here to see you. I already visited Silena's dad, great man, very sad and resented about the death of her daughter— I promised Silena I would visit him.

I gave him her belongings and he invited me for chocolate— he has great chocolate."

Cassie got up, dusting some leaves of her pants.

"Goodbye mom."

The only answer was the rustling of leaves, and then, a lonely leaf fell on Cassie's head.

She brushed it off, and left the place.

Outside Percy waited for her.

"Hey, Shark Boy." She said with a smile.

Percy turned around with a smile. "Hey, Lava Girl. How did it go?"

Cassie placed a kiss on him— she kind of liked kissing him. "Good— I just had to say goodbye."

He kissed her back, grabbing the back of her head with his left hand. "Annabeth is asking where we are."

Cassie laughed, the two walking into a busy New York street. "What did you say?"

He smiled. "She turned red."

The brunette laughed even louder. "Let's go."

Suddenly someone bumped into Cassie.

"Hey—"

There was a boy about their age, dark skin and curly dark hair sitting on his head in an unruly way. He wore a long golden necklace, kind of baggy pants and a plain blue t-shirt.

Cassie and Percy looked at the each other and then at the boy.

Suddenly a blonde girl came running up to him. "Carter!" He saw Cassie and Percy. "Hi?"

The Carter boy looked sheepish. "Yeah sorry for bumping into you."

Carter and the blonde girl left, and in less than a minute they disappeared into the sea of people.

"That was weird," Percy said.

Cassie agreed. "Let's go."

- sorry for this

- sorry for this

- anyhow i feel this was kind of necessary
for cassie? to kind of move on and let go?
i don't know if this makes sense

- i haven't read kane chronicles, so the
character description comes from what i
could make out from a fanart in pinterest

- overall any thoughts ab evermore? i'm kind of happy   with it, hopefully you enjoyed it

thank you so much for all the amazing support this
book has received, i think we're up to 20k???
that's actually crazy
and a special thank you to those who consistently
commented from the start, you know who you are,
my absolute love— and for anyone who got to this point
<3333

( i can't believe for last time )

flo <3