Seeing Beyond The Surface

don't forget to commenttt<3333

The evening had settled into a quiet routine as Taylor walked through the door of her home, the day's events replaying in her mind. She felt a flutter of excitement that she couldn't quite shake. She decided to call Selena and Abigail, eager to share her thoughts about Travis.

She dialed Selena's number first. After a few rings, Selena picked up, her voice cheerful. "Hey, Taylor! What's up?"

"Hey, Selena. I just wanted to talk to you about today," Taylor began, her voice tinged with excitement. "Travis and I spent some more time together, and it was... really nice."

Selena's curiosity piqued. "Nice? That's an understatement. What happened? Tell me everything!"

Taylor sat down on her bed, her heart fluttering as she spoke. "He's genuinely thoughtful and caring. I didn't expect him to be so concerned about me. He even noticed I hadn't eaten lunch and offered to get something for me."

Selena squealed. "Oh my gosh! That sounds amazing! I never thought I'd hear you talk about Travis like this. What else happened?"

Taylor smiled, her cheeks flushed. "We talked a lot, and it felt so easy. We laughed, shared stories... it was really nice to just be myself around him."

Selena's voice was full of excitement. "That's so cute! I'm so happy for you. I've always thought Travis was more than just a bully. It sounds like you two really clicked."

At that moment, Abigail joined the call, her voice a mix of curiosity and enthusiasm. "What's all this about Travis? Are you telling us you're actually into him?"

Taylor laughed nervously. "Well, I wouldn't say 'into him' just yet, but I'm definitely starting to see him in a new light. He's been really kind and supportive."

Abigail's voice took on a teasing tone. "Ooh, sounds like someone's got a crush! Spill the details. Have you ever imagined him in, you know, a more intimate way?"

Taylor's heart raced at the question. She had indeed thought about Travis in that way recently, but she wasn't ready to share that with her friends. She laughed nervously, trying to deflect."Oh, come on, Abigail! Not really. It's just that he's been so nice to me lately. I never expected him to be like this."

Selena chimed in. "But come on, he's tall, has those gorgeous green eyes, and a pretty great smile. And I heard he's pretty good at sports too. I mean, come on, who wouldn't find him attractive? It's totally normal to have those thoughts."

"Oh and don't forget the way he carries himself. There's something about him that's both intimidating and kind of charming. It's like he's got this aura around him." Abigail said, her tone lighthearted

Selena giggled. "Yeah, it's like he's this mysterious guy who just suddenly became really nice. I always thought he was just a troublemaker, but now it seems like he's got a softer side."

Abigail's excitement grew. "And the way he looks at you, Taylor. I mean, you mentioned he was really attentive and caring. It's like he sees something special in you that the rest of us didn't know about."

Taylor couldn't help but smile, feeling a bit bashful. "You guys are making me blush."

Selena laughed. "Well, you can't deny it! We've always seen him as this rough around the edges guy, but now he's turning into a real sweetheart. The way he was so concerned about you not eating? oh god thats so sweet."

"Totally," Abigail agreed. "It's like he's genuinely trying to be there for you, and that's something we haven't seen from him before. It's refreshing!"

Selena added, "And can we talk about his athletic skills? I heard he's really good at sports. I mean, that just adds to the whole package, doesn't it?"

Abigail laughed. "For sure! There's a lot more to him than just being the school bully."

Taylor nodded, even though they couldn't see her. "He really is more complex than I thought. It's kind of amazing to see this new side of him."

Selena's tone grew more teasing. "So, Tay, admit it, any thoughts about him? You know, like imagining how things might go if you two... I don't know, had more of a romantic connection?"

Taylor felt her face flush again. She laughed nervously. "Well, I don't know about that. We're just starting to get to know each other. I haven't really thought about anything beyond that." she lied.

Abigail teased, "Oh, come on! You've definitely had some thoughts. I mean, who wouldn't? He's got that whole tall, dark, and handsome vibe going on."

Taylor sighed, feeling a mix of amusement and anxiety. "Yeah, I'll just take things one step at a time. But it's nice to know you guys are so supportive."

Selena's voice softened. "Of course! We're always here for you, no matter what. Just have fun and remember that you deserve someone who treats you well."

As they continued to chat, Taylor felt a sense of warmth and comfort from her friends. Their excitement and support made her feel more confident about exploring her budding relationship with Travis.

She was happy that Selena and Abigail finally saw in Travis what she had begun to see, the kindness and depth hidden beneath his rough exterior. It felt like they were all on the same page now, and having her friends on her side made the whole situation a little less daunting. Knowing they understood her feelings and were rooting for her made Taylor feel less alone in her journey with Travis.