Games and Boundaries

don't forget to commenttt<333

The next day, after school, Taylor stood in the kitchen, her heart pounding in her chest as she watched her mom prepare dinner. The smell of freshly cooked food filled the air, but it did little to calm her nerves. She had been thinking about this all day, rehearsing the words in her head, but now that the moment had arrived, she hesitated.

Finally, she took a deep breath and approached her mom. "Hey, Mom?"

Andrea looked up from the stove, smiling warmly at her daughter. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"I was wondering..." Taylor began, her voice wavering slightly. "Some friends are getting together to play video games after school tomorrow. I was hoping I could go."

Andrea paused, her eyes narrowing slightly with concern. "Which friends?"

Taylor felt a pang of guilt, knowing that her mom was worried about the growing closeness between her and Travis. "Um, Travis, and a few others. It's just a casual thing, nothing big."

Her mom's face softened, but there was still a hint of hesitation. "You can go, but only if Austin goes with you."

Taylor blinked, taken aback. "Austin?"

"Yes," Andrea said firmly. "That was our deal, remember?"

Taylor's heart sank for a moment, but she quickly realized that having Austin there might not be so bad. He was good with people and would likely enjoy the video games. Plus, it would ease her mom's concerns, allowing her to go without too much fuss. "Yeah, okay, I'll ask him."

Andrea smiled, clearly relieved that Taylor wasn't putting up a fight. "Thank you, Taylor. I trust you."

Taylor nodded, her heart warming at her mom's concern. "Yeah, thank you mom. I'll talk to Austin."

Taylor knocked lightly on Austin's door before pushing it open. He was in the middle of a game, his eyes glued to the screen, fingers tapping rapidly on the keyboard. "Austin?" she called, trying to sound nonchalant.

Austin paused his game and turned to her, raising an eyebrow. "What's up?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to a friend's house with me tomorrow after school. We're going to play video games and hang out."

Austin leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms as he studied her. "Which friend?"

Taylor hesitated for a split second before answering, "Travis, and some others."

"Travis?" Austin repeated, his eyebrows lifting. "Aren't you grounded or something?"

Taylor shrugged, trying to appear casual. "Yeah, But Mom said I can only see him if you are with me."

Austin grinned, clearly enjoying the leverage. "So, I'm the key to your freedom?"

Taylor rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile. "Something like that. Besides, it'll be fun. You like video games, don't you?"

Austin pretended to think it over, tapping his chin before finally nodding. "Alright, fine. But only because I'm going to crush everyone at GTA."

Taylor laughed, relieved. "Deal. Thanks, Austin. It'll be nice to hang out together."

Austin smirked. "Just don't cry when I beat you."

The next day after school, Taylor and Austin walked over to Travis's friend's house. The sun was beginning to set, casting a warm glow over the quiet neighborhood. Taylor felt a mix of excitement and nervousness bubbling inside her, but having Austin beside her helped calm her nerves.