Healing and Heartbreak

don't forget to commenttt <333

The fluorescent lights of the hospital waiting room cast a stark, clinical glow on Travis, Andrea, and Scott as they sat in tense silence. Travis's fingers drummed nervously on the arm of his chair, his mind replaying the frantic drive to the hospital and the sight of Taylor's pale, unconscious form.

Andrea sat beside him, her face a mask of worry. Scott paced near the window, occasionally glancing at Travis with a mix of concern and curiosity. The weight of the situation pressed heavily on all of them.

After what felt like an eternity, a doctor finally entered the room. He was a middle aged man with a kind expression but serious eyes, carrying a clipboard and wearing a white coat.

"Mr. Swift?" he addressed Scott, making sure he had the right person.

"Yes, that's me," Scott said, rising to his feet, his heart pounding. "How is she?"

The doctor took a deep breath. "Taylor is stable for now. We've run some initial tests, and it appears she has severe malnutrition. Her body hasn't been getting the nutrients it needs for quite some time, which is likely why she collapsed. We'll need to conduct further tests to determine the exact cause, but her condition is critical. She's severely dehydrated and her electrolytes are out of balance."

Travis's stomach dropped. "Malnutrition? But... I didn't know she wasn't eating properly. She never mentioned anything."

Andrea's eyes filled with concern. "We've noticed she's been losing weight, but she always insisted she was fine. We thought she might just be stressed or busy."

The doctor nodded. "It's not uncommon for people with eating disorders to hide their symptoms or downplay their condition. You might need to have a talk with her about it once she wakes up. She's going to need a lot of support to get through this."

Travis felt a wave of guilt and frustration wash over him. He thought back to Taylor's behavior, how she'd sometimes claimed she'd already eaten when he knew she hadn't seemed quite right. It all started to make sense now.

Scott cleared his throat, stepping forward. "I'm Scott, Taylor's father. And you are?"

"Travis Kelce," Travis introduced himself, his voice tight. "I'm a friend of Taylor's. I just want to make sure she's okay."

Scott nodded, offering a sympathetic look. "Thank you for being here. We appreciate it. I think it's best if you let us handle things for now. But if you'd like, you can wait here until she wakes up."

"Of course," Travis said, nodding gratefully. "I'll wait."

Hours later, Taylor's eyelids fluttered open, the beeping of the heart monitor a steady, rhythmic reminder of her surroundings. She was in a hospital bed, IV fluids dripping into her arm, and her parents were at her side. Travis was there too, sitting quietly in a corner.

"Taylor," Andrea said softly, her voice choked with relief. "You're awake."

Taylor blinked, trying to focus on her mother's face. "Mom? Dad?" Her voice was weak, barely above a whisper.

Scott reached out, gently touching her hand. "We're here. We're just glad you're okay."

Travis stood up, his heart aching as he saw Taylor's frail form. He approached the bed, trying to gauge her reaction.

"And Travis is here too," Andrea added, glancing toward him.

The room was quiet after Andrea and Scott left, leaving Taylor and Travis alone. Taylor's gaze shifted between Travis and the IV drip connected to her arm. Her emotions were a chaotic mix of relief and fear, and Travis could see the vulnerability in her eyes