Love again

jeonghan pov:

seungcheol: how long are we going to stay here?

jeonghan: don't you like watching them?

seungcheol: from behind like stalkers? no i don't.

i agree it's weird to hide between a group of grandmas but i just wanted to make sure everything was going fine, not to mention it's strangely entertaining to see them.

jihye and shua looked cute eating from the same ice cream cup.

i kind of wanted to throw joshua away from her but that's just my protective side coming through. it's surprising but i like to see them together. no man would treat her like shua does.

seungcheol: look the clouds are looking so pretty

i followed coups' finger to a pinkish cloud that reminded me of woozi. i wonder how the guys will react when they find out joshua is dating my sister. 

eww. i hope they don't use the word 'dating' in front of me.

when i looked back at the bench shua and jihye were sitting on, it was empty. i turned to scoups and he shrugged to show that he doesn't know where they are either.

i am surrounded by dumbasses.

no jeonghan. the weather is so good, don't get mad. 

don't kick shua off the cliff.

author's pov:

jihye: are you sure this is safe?

joshua: it's just a spring.

joshua held jihye's hands as they stepped on the unleveled rocks to get to the middle of the spring. they sat down facing each other on two of the bigger rocks. 

the spring was behind the hiking track so they were the only one there at the instant. it's water was crystal clear and the lush green background only enhanced it's beauty. jihye admired the nature around her while joshua admired her, wondering how to approach her about his feelings. jihye noticed that he seemed to be thinking hard.

jihye: why do i feel like you are going to splash water on me?

joshua: i would have but i don't want you to get sick again.

jihye: oh really?

jihye thought of something mischievous. she was aware joshua was trying to win her over and she wanted to see how far he would go. 

jihye: shua

joshua: yea-

as soon as she had joshua's attention she splashed water on his face. he coughed and she chuckled at how adorable he was. 

joshua: i will have to take revenge this time.

jihye: but you are a gentleman. you can't take revenge by hitting me and i will get sick if you splash water on me.

jihye smirked proud at herself on seeing joshua look like he was scammed. but then he smirked back and she bit her bottom lip nervously.

joshua leaned forward with a kind smile that didn't have very kind intentions behind it. he tilted his head sweetly.

joshua: so you want to know how gentlemen take revenge.

jihye stared back without blinking, trying hard to keep a poker face. suddenly joshua grabbed her wrist and pulled her forward. their faces were only inches apart and she could feel his hot breath mingle with her uneven breath. 

she blinked rapidly wondering if it was finally happening. everything she dreamed about was right in front of her. she was scared that her nervousness would ruin the moment but then joshua's eyes softened and a fond smile appeared on his face. jihye felt a warmth in her heart and the anxiousness faded away.