Unspoken Desires

Dominic's PoV

The mansion was quiet in the dead of night, save for the soft hum of the refrigerator and the occasional creak of settling wood.

Unable to sleep, I found myself wandering the corridors, eventually making my way to the kitchen.

I was in need of a distraction, something to shift my focus from the relentless demands of our expanding empire.

As I entered the kitchen, I saw Catalina. The sight was unexpected and captivating.

She was dressed in an extremely short, silky black dress, her hair a wavy cascade down her back.

She appeared lost in thought as she poured whiskey into a glass, the dress accentuating every curve.

I watched her for a moment, taking in the scene. The way the dress clung to her, the casual grace with which she moved-it all drew me in. I made my presence known quietly.

"Catalina," I said softly.

She turned, her gaze meeting mine with a flicker of surprise. The contrast between her revealing outfit and my more casual attire was stark, but it only heightened the tension between us.

I moved closer, my eyes taking in every detail of her attire. I couldn't help but notice the way her dress revealed so much, the way her movements were both fluid and alluring.

I reached her and gently closed the space between us, guiding her against the counter. The proximity allowed me to fully appreciate her presence.

Her eyes met mine, the intensity of our gaze palpable. She took a sip from her glass, her expression contemplative. I found myself drawn to her in a way that went beyond the strategic partnership we'd built.

I reached out, my fingers lightly brushing against her arm as I spoke. "Late-night whiskey? I didn't expect to find you here."

She tilted her head slightly, her eyes following my hand. "Sometimes, a drink helps clear the mind."

I let my hand linger on her arm, feeling the warmth of her skin through the fabric of her dress.

My touch was deliberate, though gentle. I moved my fingers up to her chin, tilting it slightly so that she had to look up at me.

The shift in our positions made the air between us crackle with unspoken tension.

Her eyes met mine, and I saw a mix of curiosity and challenge reflected in them. I let my gaze drift to her lips, noting their fullness and the way they seemed to invite closer scrutiny.

"You know," I murmured, my voice dropping to a seductive whisper, "I've always found these late-night conversations quite... intriguing."

She swallowed, her gaze fixed on mine as if weighing my words. I could sense the shift in her demeanour, the way she was responding to the closeness between us.

"Do you?" she asked softly, her voice carrying an edge of vulnerability.

I let my fingers gently graze her chin, my thumb brushing lightly against her skin. "Yes, I do. Especially when they involve someone as... fascinating as you."

Her breath hitched slightly, and I could feel the way her body reacted to my touch.

The moment felt charged with possibility, the boundaries between us blurring in a way that was both thrilling and dangerous.

"I'm not sure this is the right time for...," she began, but her words trailed off as I continued to focus on her lips.

I leaned in just a fraction, my face close to hers. "Sometimes, timing isn't everything. Sometimes, it's about seizing the moment."

Her gaze flickered between my eyes and my lips, her breath mingling with mine. The silence between us was heavy with anticipation, the kind that promised more than just words.

Before either of us could fully process the moment, I pulled back slightly, my fingers lingering on her chin before releasing it. The air was thick with unspoken words and lingering tension.

"Maybe we should just enjoy the moment," I said quietly, my voice tinged with a mixture of desire and restraint. "No need to rush into anything."

Catalina's eyes met mine, and for a moment, there was an understanding between us.

We were navigating a complex dance of power and attraction, and while the lines between professional and personal were increasingly blurred, there was still a need for caution.

As I took a step back, I could see the mix of emotions on her face-curiosity, desire, and perhaps a touch of uncertainty.

It was clear that while the attraction was undeniable, the path forward was still uncertain.

In the quiet of the kitchen, with the moonlight casting a soft glow over us, I knew that whatever we decided, it would be a step into uncharted territory.

The connection between us was real and potent, and navigating it would be as challenging as it was compelling.