The Arrival of Jade

Catalina's PoV

The day had arrived, and I was in the throes of labour. Hours had passed, and the pain was relentless. I'd been in the hospital since 8:34 a.m., and now, as midnight approached, I was still in the delivery room, enduring the agony of childbirth.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity of pushing and straining, I heard the loud, piercing cry of our baby. A smile broke across my face despite the exhaustion. I looked up to see Dominic moving toward the bassinet where our daughter, Jade, was being cleaned and checked.

Dominic's face was a mix of awe and pure joy as he gently cradled Jade in his arms, holding her tiny hand. "She looks like you," he said softly, his voice filled with emotion.

I looked at Jade, taking in her features-her big brown eyes, red cheeks, plump lips, and a small nose. Her straight black hair framed her face, giving her a look of pure innocence. I smiled despite being exhausted, as Dominic handed Jade over to me.

As I held our daughter, I chuckled through my laboured breaths. "Let's hope she doesn't have my attitude," I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Dominic's eyes twinkled with mischief as he grinned at me. "I'll have to disagree. I want her to have your attitude. That way, no boys will come near her."

I laughed softly, though it was a bit strained. "Ah, right. Because at the beginning, it was me and you having a war, when all along, you wanted me on your side. Plus, you liked me," I said with a smile.

Dominic's expression softened, and he brushed a strand of hair from my face. "Yeah, I guess I did. And now, I'm just grateful we're here together with our little family."

As we both gazed at Jade, I felt a sense of profound peace. Despite the pain and the long hours, holding Jade made everything worth it. Dominic's support and the way he looked at our daughter reaffirmed that we were a family, united and stronger than ever.

"And here we are, carrying on the Cassietta and Carson legacy," I said with a tired smile, my voice barely above a whisper.

Dominic nodded, his eyes filled with love and determination. "We've come a long way, and we've built something incredible. Here's to our future."

With Jade nestled in my arms and Dominic by my side, I knew that despite all the trials we'd faced, our legacy was beginning anew.

THE END
Thanks so much for reading my stories. This is the last of the series. If you hadn't read the series, here is the order:

🤍CEO Confidential🤍
🤍His Fallen Angel🤍
🤍Beneath the Mask🤍
🤍Sweetest oblivion🤍
🤍Scars🤍
🤍Taming Mr bad🤍