Unexpected News

Dominic's PoV

I walked into my room, and there she was—Catalina, standing by a box, looking unusually flustered. It was rare to see her like this, and it immediately piqued my curiosity. I raised an eyebrow and asked, “What are you doing, gorgeous?”

Catalina glanced up at me, her expression a mix of determination and nervousness. “There’s something you should know,” she said, her voice quiet and unsteady.

I approached her, closing the door behind me, and peered into the box she was sorting. Among the contents was a stuffed toy, which seemed out of place, and a small, velvet-covered box. I picked up the box, opening it to reveal a test with two red lines. My heart skipped a beat as the significance of those lines sank in.

I looked at Catalina, then at her stomach, and back at her. “Pregnant?” I asked, the word feeling heavy on my tongue.

Catalina nodded, her lips forming a half-smile. “You gave me a heir,” she said, her voice soft.

I could see the uncertainty in her eyes, and it made me pause. “So why do you not seem so excited?” I asked, genuinely puzzled. “Do you not want a child right now? Or a child from me?”

Catalina took a deep breath. “I want a child. I really do. It’s just... I’m not sure if I’m ready for this,” she admitted, her voice wavering.

I walked over to her and took her hand gently. “It’s okay if you’re not ready. I’m here for you, and I’ll be here for our child. We don’t have to rush into anything. We can figure this out together.”

Her eyes met mine, and I could see a mixture of relief and anxiety. I smiled, trying to reassure her. “You don’t have to do this alone. I’m here, and I want us to face this together. Whatever happens, we’ll make it work.”

Catalina’s shoulders seemed to relax slightly, and she nodded. “Thank you, Dominic. It means a lot to hear that.”

I gave her a reassuring squeeze and looked down at the box, then back at her. “Let’s take this one step at a time. We’ll get through this, and we’ll be fine.”

With that, I drew her into a gentle embrace, holding her close. We had a lot to figure out, but for now, I wanted her to know she wasn’t alone.