Secret Encounters

Catalina’s PoV

I woke up to the familiar warmth of Dominic's body beside me, his arms wrapped around me. As I stirred, I felt the cool air on my skin and realized we were both naked, tangled up in the sheets. A mix of emotions bubbled up inside me—guilt, confusion, and an undeniable affection that I hated to admit.

"Just a few more minutes, Catalina," Dominic murmured, his voice low and husky with sleep. I chuckled quietly and ran my fingers through his disheveled hair. The exhaustion in his voice was strangely alluring, and I couldn’t help but smile at how domestic this moment felt.

"Dominic, let me get up. I don’t feel great," I said softly, trying to gently free myself from his embrace.

His eyes fluttered open, and he gave me a groggy, questioning look. “What?”

“I don’t feel well. I need to drink some water,” I explained. He groaned but sat up, still half-asleep, and rubbed his eyes.

“Stay here. It’ll look suspicious if you leave,” he said, his voice trailing off as he got out of bed. “I’ll get you some water.”

As Dominic trudged out of the room, I quickly gathered myself, slipping into a robe and heading to his private bathroom. I had been expecting my period today, but it hadn’t arrived. I closed the door behind me and tried to use the restroom, but there was no sign of it.

I frowned, wiping and flushing before turning to the mirror. My mind raced as I examined my stomach, trying to figure out if something was different.

“Catalina?” Dominic called from the bedroom. I opened the bathroom door to find him standing there with a glass of water. He handed it to me, his brow furrowed in concern.

“Dominic, do I look different?” I asked, taking a sip from the glass.

He scanned me with a curious look before shaking his head. “No, why?”

“Well, I was supposed to get my period today, but it hasn’t come,” I admitted, my voice tinged with worry.

Dominic’s expression shifted from curiosity to concern. “Have you had any unusual symptoms or missed periods before?”

I shook my head. “No, everything has been regular until now.”

He looked thoughtful for a moment. “Maybe it’s just a delay. Stress or changes in routine can sometimes affect your cycle.”

I nodded, though I wasn’t entirely convinced. “I hope you’re right. But it’s still strange.”

Dominic put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. “If it continues or if you’re worried, we should see a doctor. But for now, try to relax.”

I appreciated his support, even though I could see the underlying worry in his eyes. “Thank you, Dominic. I’ll keep an eye on it.”

He pulled me into a gentle hug. “We’ll figure it out together. In the meantime, let’s just enjoy today.”

I leaned into him, finding comfort in his embrace. Despite the unease about my health, the warmth of Dominic’s presence was a soothing balm.

A few days later, the nagging worry about my missing period persisted. Morning sickness had started, an unwelcome addition to my already complicated life. I tried to keep it together, but the signs were becoming hard to ignore. My mother had noticed the changes, her sharp eyes picking up on every little detail.

One day, as I was getting ready, she discreetly handed me a small box with a pregnancy test inside. Her eyes held a mixture of concern and understanding as she passed it to me. I took it from her with a knot of anxiety in my stomach, knowing this was a moment that could change everything.

Alone in the bathroom, I followed the instructions and took the test, trying to steady my trembling hands. I placed the stick on the counter and waited for what felt like an eternity. The seconds dragged by, each one intensifying the dread and anticipation.

When the results finally appeared, my heart sank. Two red lines stared back at me, clear and undeniable. My mind raced as I tried to process the reality of what I was seeing. I felt a wave of emotions crashing over me—fear, confusion, and a hint of excitement.

I walked back into the living room where my mother was waiting. Her gaze was fixed on me, hopeful and kind. I showed her the test, and her face lit up with a smile.

“It’s positive, isn’t it?” she asked softly.

I nodded, swallowing hard. “Yes, it is.”

Her smile grew, though it was tinged with empathy. “Catalina, I know this is overwhelming, but you’re not alone in this. We’ll figure it out together.”

Her words were comforting, though my mind was still reeling. This wasn’t how I had planned things—this was Dominic’s child, and our relationship was complicated. I felt a mix of emotions swirling inside me, unsure of how to move forward.

My mother reached out and took my hand. “We’ll support you through this, no matter what. And when you’re ready, we’ll talk to Dominic.”

I took a deep breath, trying to find some semblance of calm. “Thank you, Mom. I just need some time to process this.”

She nodded and embraced me gently. “Take all the time you need. We’ll handle this one step at a time.”

As we stood there, holding onto each other, I felt the weight of the coming changes settling over me. This was a new chapter, one that I hadn’t expected but had to face head-on. And with my mother’s support, I hoped I could navigate the uncertain path that lay ahead.