Chapter 6. Into the Abyss

"Get out. You're blocking the way for others." Jihoon’s voice was icy, his glare fixed on the blonde man standing in front of the closed door, trapping him in the room.

Soonyoung ran a hand through his hair, unfazed. "Why didn’t you pick up my call?" His voice was low, but it carried a dangerous edge that made Jihoon’s heart race.

Because Seokmin or Seungcheol will track my phone and come after you. Jihoon bit back the truth, forcing himself to remain calm as he replied, "I didn’t feel like it. Now leave."

A smirk curled on Soonyoung’s lips, dark and unyielding. "You’re adorable if you think I’ll just walk away…" He stepped closer, and Jihoon gripped his coat tightly, his eyes narrowing in defiance.

"I missed you…" Soonyoung’s voice was a taunt, laced with something more sinister as he moved closer, leaving no room for escape. Jihoon’s breath hitched, his pulse quickening.

"I didn’t…" Jihoon’s words were sharp, but even he could hear the lie in them.

Soonyoung’s hand snaked around Jihoon’s jaw, pulling him closer until their breaths mingled. His other hand settled possessively on Jihoon’s waist, making him dizzy with the intensity of the moment.

Jihoon hated how Soonyoung could make his heart betray him so easily, twisting it into something that hurt and ached.

"Your lips were made for me, not for lies, baby…" Soonyoung whispered, his tone dark and commanding. He pressed his lips to Jihoon’s in a kiss that was more of a claim, a reminder of the power he held.

"Be a good boy and answer my calls next time, or I’ll make sure your work hours are a living hell. I’ll haunt every moment you think you’re safe, just to remind you who you belong to."

Jihoon tried to push him away, but Soonyoung’s grip only tightened, making escape impossible. His lips still tingled from the kiss, the taste of Soonyoung lingering as a reminder of the control he could never fully escape.

Jihoon’s mind screamed at him to resist, to fight back, but his body betrayed him, leaning into Soonyoung’s touch like it was something he craved.

“You can’t just walk in here and do this,” Jihoon hissed, but his voice faltered, lacking the conviction he needed. Soonyoung’s presence was overwhelming, drowning out his reason.

Soonyoung chuckled darkly, his hand sliding up from Jihoon’s waist to cradle the back of his neck, pulling him even closer. “Who’s going to stop me? Seokmin? Seungcheol?” His breath was hot against Jihoon’s ear, sending shivers down his spine.

“They can’t protect you from me, Jihoon. No one can.”

Jihoon swallowed hard, his heart pounding in his chest. The truth in Soonyoung’s words cut deeper than he wanted to admit.

There was no safety from someone like him, someone who thrived on control and dominance.

“I don’t need protecting,” Jihoon muttered, his voice barely above a whisper. It was a weak defense, and they both knew it.

Soonyoung’s smile widened, cruel and knowing. “Oh, but you do, baby. You need someone to protect you from yourself.” His fingers curled tighter around Jihoon’s neck, his thumb brushing the delicate skin just below his ear.

“You’re so used to fighting everyone off that you forget how to surrender, how to let someone else take care of you.”

“I don’t want—” Jihoon’s protest was cut off by Soonyoung’s lips crashing against his again, this time with more force, more demand. The kiss was bruising, almost punishing, and Jihoon’s knees threatened to give out from the intensity of it.