Chapter 25. Soft as Starlight

"It's not that spicy," Joshua murmurs, his voice barely above a whisper as he licks the sauce off his fingers, savoring the taste with a hum of appreciation.

Seokmin watches him intently, his gaze sharp and unwavering. He waves away the steam rising from the dish, the smoky tendrils curling and dissipating into the air like a slow, silent exhale.

Gently, he places more food onto Joshua's plate, his movements deliberate and calm, the weight of his attention almost palpable.

"I can't handle spice," Joshua continues, his words tumbling out softly, his eyes flickering between Seokmin and the steaming food.

Seokmin's lips curl into a small, knowing smile as he takes a bite of his own, eyes never leaving Joshua’s face.

"It's okay," Seokmin says, his voice smooth and soothing, yet carrying an undercurrent of something darker, more possessive.

"I'll eat all the spicy ones for you." He pulls the red noodles toward himself, the vivid color stark against the dimly lit kitchen.

Joshua's cheeks flush a light pink, the heat of Seokmin’s gaze settling over him like a physical touch.

"You're getting cheesy," Joshua teases, his voice laced with a nervous laughter that doesn’t quite mask the tension crackling between them.

Seokmin’s smile deepens, a low chuckle escaping his lips as he leans in slightly.

"Like a sunshine boy?" Seokmin tilts his head, his smile gentle but his eyes dark and calculating. Joshua laughs, unable to help himself, the sound bursts out like a soft, melodic note that fills the air.

Seokmin’s smile widens, something predatory lurking beneath the surface as he watches Joshua’s reaction.

Joshua's laughter is like a melody to Seokmin, each note sinking into his consciousness, etching itself into his memory. Seokmin knows he could never tire of hearing it.

He watches the way Joshua’s eyes light up, his smile bright and genuine, a stark contrast to the shadows that linger in the corners of the room.

The laughter fades into a soft, contented smile, and for a moment, Seokmin feels everything narrowing down to just this—the warmth of Joshua’s laughter, the lingering taste of spice, and the electric connection that seems to bind them together, invisible yet unbreakable.

"You seem obsessed with that," Joshua remarks, shaking his head lightly, his voice carrying a hint of playful disbelief.

Seokmin's lips tug at the corners, lifting into a smirk that he doesn’t bother to hide.

I’m obsessed with you, he thinks, the words hanging heavy in his mind before he can blink them away.

Instead, he leans forward slightly, eyes fixed on Joshua’s, their dark depths simmering with unspoken emotion.

"I want to be the one for you," Seokmin says, his voice low and steady, each word laced with an earnestness that makes the air around them crackle with tension.

Joshua’s gaze flickers, a mix of surprise and something softer, almost vulnerable.

"You’re always so straightforward," he says, his voice a murmur, barely audible over the pulse that beats loud in both their ears. Seokmin nods, unflinching, the smirk deepening.

"I like to be clear about my intentions," Seokmin replies, his tone cool, yet beneath it, there's a smoldering heat, an intensity that’s hard to ignore.

His presence fills the space, his confidence exuding from every word, every move, making the air feel thick and electric.

"Impressive," Joshua says softly, his eyes fixed on Seokmin, a flicker of something new and intense shining in them. His gaze is unwavering, holding Seokmin in place as if he’s the only thing in the room.