Chapter 38. Between Secrets and Lies

"He tried to choke you?" Soonyoung’s voice drops, sharp, as his eyes narrow at Jihoon.

Jihoon shrugs, slurping his noodles without a care. "Yeah, and?"

"And you're telling me this now?" Soonyoung's chopsticks clatter against the table as he sets them down, the muscles in his jaw tightening.

Jihoon meets his gaze, unfazed. "What would you have done if I told you before? Kill him? Hurt him?" He leans back, eyes flickering with a dangerous glint.

"My brother would skin you alive if you even thought about touching his husband. And Jeonghan? He’s a threat all on his own."

Soonyoung’s tongue clicks in irritation, his hand flexing against the table. "Not funny, sugar," he mutters, leaning closer.

His breath ghosts over Jihoon’s face, but Jihoon shoves him back with a scowl.

"Are you going to their wedding?" Soonyoung changes the subject, the tension is still crackling between them.

"Of course I am," Jihoon snaps, not missing a beat. "It’s my brother’s wedding."

Soonyoung stays quiet, his gaze dark. "So that madman Lee will be there too?"

Jihoon's glare could cut glass. "It’s Lee Seokmin, you idiot. And don’t forget, I’m Lee too."

Soonyoung’s lips curl into a wicked smirk. "No worries, sugar. I’ll make you a Kwon soon enough."

Jihoon mutters under his breath, Italian slipping through his frustration. "Come se dovessi sposare te, un altro pazzo. (As if I'm gonna marry you, another madman.)"

Before he can blink, Soonyoung’s fingers close around his wrist, dragging him forward until their chests collide.

"Come se lasciassi respirare qualcun altro se anche solo pensa di sposarti,("As if I'd let anyone else breathe if they even think about marrying you.)"

Soonyoung growls, his breath hot against Jihoon’s skin.

He buries his face in Jihoon’s neck, lips grazing his pulse as Jihoon freezes, the weight of Soonyoung's possessive grip seeping into his bones.

The air between them shifts, thick with an unspoken threat.

Jihoon's pulse quickens, but he hides it behind a scoff, trying to yank his wrist free from Soonyoung's grip. "You talk too much," he mutters, but his voice wavers, betraying him.

Soonyoung doesn’t loosen his hold, his fingers tightening instead, the edge of his possessiveness sinking deeper.

"Do I?" Soonyoung’s voice is low, almost a whisper, but it reverberates through the small space between them like a threat.

His lips graze the side of Jihoon’s neck again, dangerously close to the thudding pulse there. "You should know by now, sugar. When it comes to you, I mean every word."

Jihoon’s breath hitches, his irritation spiking. "You're suffocating me."

Soonyoung chuckles, the sound dark and heavy, his lips brushing against Jihoon’s ear. "I haven’t even started yet."

His other hand snakes around Jihoon’s waist, pulling him even closer until Jihoon’s breath falters, trapped between the overwhelming heat of Soonyoung’s body and the dangerous tension in the air.

And for a moment—just for a moment—Jihoon believes him. Soonyoung hasn’t even started. He’s not just a threat; he’s chaos in human form.

A wild card, the kind that flips the game on its head, turning a sure victory into a devastating loss, or worse, a humiliating downfall.