Chapter 33. Silent revelation

Seokmin finally pulled back, leaving Joshua breathless, his lips swollen and cheeks flushed.

The air between them was thick with unspoken words and dangerous promises, but Seokmin’s eyes gleamed with amusement as he tilted his head slightly, his fingers still resting on Joshua’s waist.

“Well then, shall we make those cookies?” Seokmin asked, his voice low and teasing, the edge of darkness still present but softened by a playful tone.

Joshua’s heart raced, his mind spinning from the intensity of their kiss, but he could see the glint in Seokmin’s eyes—the predator still lurking beneath the surface.

Joshua swallowed hard, trying to regain some semblance of control. His knees wobbled slightly as Seokmin set him down gently, the feel of his hands still burning into Joshua’s skin.

He took a shaky breath and nodded, trying to focus on the task ahead, but his body still hummed with the aftershocks of Seokmin’s touch.

“Y-yeah... let’s do that,” Joshua stammered, his fingers fumbling as he reached for the apron on the counter.

He turned his back to Seokmin, hoping the act of busying himself with something simple might help him calm down, but even the smallest movements felt charged, like Seokmin’s eyes were burning holes into his back.

Joshua tried to focus on the ingredients, laying out flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, his hands slightly trembling.

He could hear Seokmin’s slow, deliberate movements behind him, and he wondered if he would ever be able to concentrate fully with Seokmin so close.

Seokmin stepped up behind him again, not quite touching but close enough that Joshua could feel the heat of his body.

“Here, let me help you,” Seokmin murmured, reaching past Joshua to grab a bowl from the cabinet above, his arm brushing against Joshua’s as he did.

The contact sent a shiver down Joshua’s spine, and he clenched his fists to steady himself.

Seokmin set the bowl down with a soft clink, his hands moving confidently to gather the rest of the utensils.

Joshua watched, trying to steady his breath as Seokmin effortlessly took control of the space, his sleeves still rolled up, the veins in his forearms catching Joshua’s eye again.

Joshua’s mind wandered, thinking of how just minutes ago, those hands had been all over him.

“You need to focus,” Seokmin said suddenly, his voice right by Joshua’s ear, causing him to jump slightly. Seokmin chuckled, low and dangerous. “You’re distracted, sunshine.”

“I-I’m not!” Joshua protested, though his voice sounded weak even to his own ears.

He grabbed the flour and started measuring it into the bowl, his hands shaky as he tried to regain some control. But every time he moved, Seokmin was there—too close, too present, too much.

Seokmin watched Joshua’s every move, his gaze unwavering as Joshua sifted the flour and added sugar.

He leaned in again, this time wrapping his arms loosely around Joshua’s waist as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

“You’re making a mess,” Seokmin whispered, his breath hot against Joshua’s neck.

Joshua stiffened, his hands freezing mid-motion as he felt Seokmin’s body press against his back.

He could feel Seokmin’s steady heartbeat, the strength of his hands resting lightly against Joshua’s hips, and it was nearly impossible to concentrate.