Chapter 31. Silent Confessions

The sunlight pierced through the cafe window, casting harsh beams onto Joshua's pale skin.

He slid into the chair near the window, his delicate fingers tracing the edge of the table as he sat, his gaze momentarily lost in the brightness outside.

Seokmin joined him, their lunch plans hanging in the air like an afterthought.

“What do you want to eat?” Seokmin’s voice was smooth, yet there was a quiet control to it.

He reached for the blinds, noticing how Joshua's eyes kept narrowing against the unforgiving glare.

Joshua's breath hitched as the shade fell, the light dimmed around them. He felt a strange warmth bloom in his chest, watching Seokmin's every move as if under a spell.

"A sandwich, I guess..." he murmured, his voice quieter than usual. The words stumbled out as Seokmin’s gaze lingered on him, dark and unreadable.

Joshua’s heart raced, the tension in the air thickening. He felt the heat of Seokmin’s stare, his pulse quickening, a silent panic coiling in his chest.

And yet, there was an undeniable pull—a softness within the darkness between them.

Joshua’s fingers gripped the edge of the table a little tighter as the silence between them stretched. Seokmin didn’t speak, but his presence was overwhelming.

Joshua could feel the weight of Seokmin’s gaze, like a shadow crawling over his skin. It wasn’t discomfort—it was something darker, something that sent a tremor of unease down his spine.

Seokmin’s lips quirked into the faintest smirk, barely there, as if he could read every nervous thought running through Joshua’s mind.

He leaned back in his chair, his eyes never leaving Joshua’s face. “A sandwich?” he echoed, his voice dripping with something Joshua couldn’t quite place.

Joshua swallowed hard, his throat suddenly dry. “Yeah... just a sandwich,” he replied, his voice more timid than he intended.

He could feel his pulse pounding in his ears, the air around them heavy with an unspoken intensity.

Seokmin leaned forward, his elbows resting on the table, closing the distance between them just enough to make Joshua’s heart lurch.

“You’re too easy to please, Joshua,” he murmured, his voice low, almost a whisper. There was a softness in his tone, but beneath it, Joshua sensed something darker, something possessive.

Joshua’s breath hitched again, his blush deepening as his eyes darted to the table. He couldn’t bring himself to meet Seokmin’s gaze anymore.

Not with the way it made him feel—like he was unraveling under the weight of it.

And then, Seokmin’s hand reached across the table, his fingers brushing lightly against Joshua’s. The touch was brief, fleeting, but it sent a jolt of electricity through Joshua’s body.

He bit his lip, trying to steady his breath, but the soft caress had already left him reeling.

Seokmin’s voice broke the silence again, softer this time, almost tender. “You should know by now, I’d do anything to make sure you’re comfortable.” His words were gentle, but the darkness in his gaze said so much more.

Joshua’s heart raced uncontrollably, trapped in the confusing swirl of warmth and fear. He nodded slowly, his voice barely above a whisper. “I know.”

“Good boy,” Seokmin praised, his voice soft but laced with something darker. Joshua’s breath caught, and he looked away, heart pounding in his chest.