62

I walked out of the kitchen, heading back to the living room. I slowed my footsteps to a stop as I neared the end of the hallway. Kai was walking through the front door. I couldn't contain the smile that journeyed across my lips. He turned to face me after shutting the door. I walked toward him.

"I thought you were with Denny."

He walked toward me. "I was." He smiled. "But he's not you."

I pressed my hands to his chest, then wrapped my arms around his neck as I pushed onto my toes. His arms squeezed my waist, pulling me against him. He kissed me softly; I could feel his smile against mine.

"Well, aren't you two just adorable?"

He started to pull away to look at Damon, who was talking with Stefan. I grabbed his face, making him look at me. "Don't acknowledge them."

He smiled and started walking me down the hallway, kissing me again. He moved his hands to my thighs and lifted me, making me wrap my legs around him. He walked up to my room and kicked the door shut.

A laugh bubbled out of my throat as he laid me back on the bed. I moved my hands to rest at the sides of his neck.

He pulled away as he pulled his shirt off. "What exactly are they doing here?"

I sat up. "Caroline, Elena, and Bonnie have taken over their house, so they decided to ruin my day and annoy me." I pulled my shirt over my head, discarding it on the floor.

"What was so important that they couldn't -"

"Kai, I'm gonna need you to focus on me."

He tipped my chin up with his hand, grabbing my jaw. "Starting now, you're the only thought in my mind."

I smiled, moving my hands to his belt. "Good."

...

Kai and I haven't been able to keep our hands off each other for weeks. The night we argued sparked it all. I wasn't fully prepared for the increased libido that would boom between us, but I was open and accepting of it.

As if it wasn't before, every single thing he does makes me feel like I need to be on my knees in front of him, begging for things that would have me put in a strait jacket.

Agreeing to go out tonight was one of the worst decisions he's ever had. However, it is nice being able to watch him and allowing myself to gain fantasies I never thought to have.

The way he's sitting at the bar, holding his glass firmly in one hand and using the other to circle the top of the glass with his fingertips makes me feel incapable of thinking of anything other than letting him fuck me on this pool table until I'm a wet, crying mess.

The pool table. I turned my attention back to Damon and Elena. I felt like I couldn't think straight. The buzzing in my head was powered by the need to have him inside of me.

"...this weekend?"

I looked at Elena. "What?"

She tilted her head. "Are you busy this weekend?"

I opened my mouth to speak but couldn't think of what I wasn't busy with. "Why?"

She smiled a toothy grin, "To go out."

"Drinking." I was slowly gaining back context. "I don't know." I crossed my arms, unsure of how to ease the tension in my body. "I have to go. I will... I'll call you," I nodded.

She furrowed her brows, the smile faltering. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, you're really... scattered today."

I glanced at Damon. "I'm fine." I looked at Elena. "I'll call you." I walked away, heading to the bar. I uncrossed my arms. Kai turned from his conversation after finishing his sentence.

He smiled at me. A stupid smile that made me want to do unspeakable things to him. "You okay?"

I smiled. "I need to talk to you."

He looked confused at first, "Okay." We walked out of hearing distance from his friends. He shook his head, "What's wrong?"

I tilted my head. "We need to go."

He furrowed his brows, "Did something happen?"

"No." I reached out, cupping his face in my hands as I stepped closer. I stared into his eyes. "We need to go."

"Oh." He grabbed my hands as a smile turned up the corners of his lips. "We're leaving."

He kept holding one of my hands as we walked to the car. He opened the door for me to get in and then walked to the driver's seat. He got in and then started driving.

"Not that I'm complaining, the complete opposite, actually, but why are we having so much sex?"

"I don't know. I don't really question it." I looked at him. "If you want to stop, we can."

"Oh yeah, one hundred percent. I'm absolutely repulsed by you, and I think we should stop seeing each other."

"Well, at least we agree."

He glanced at me, smiling. He returned his sight to the road but moved his touch to my thigh, letting his fingers rest against the highest part of my inner thigh. My breathing quickly became uneven.

He parked the car, and we were out almost instantly. I started walking to the door, but he rushed to me, grabbing me and pulling me against him. I put my hands on his. We walked to the door, and his lips stayed on my skin, leaving no exposed space unkissed.

I reached for the door and pushed it open. He pulled away long enough to spin me to face him. His hands found my face as a smile found my lips. He started kissing me, the slow calmness soothing my nerves. He kicked the door shut as we kept walking, leading up to my room.