71

I finished painting Lizzie's nails and closed the bottle back. I looked at her. Her eyes widened as she looked over the glittery polish. I rested my hands on my thighs, holding the bottle of nail polish in my hands.

"Why are your nails plain, Auntie Evelyn?"

I looked at Amelia, who was sitting criss-cross in front of me. I tilted my head, "My friend Genevieve paints my nails."

She tilted her head, "Where is Genevieve?"

"She's probably at home right now."

"Can we meet her," Lizzie asked as she moved to sit directly beside Amelia.

I thought for a minute. "Maybe one day."

"Is she your best friend?" I shook my head. "Well, who's your best friend?"

"Oliver is my best friend."

Amelia turned her head and looked into the kitchen and gasped, then looked at me.

"But how can he be your boyfriend and your best friend?"

"Mommy said you're getting married," Amelia stated. "Do you have a wedding ring?"

I held out my hand to her. "It's an engagement ring. I won't get the wedding ring until the wedding." I looked at Lizzie. "Sometimes your best friend is the closest person to you and the person you love the most."

Amelia started touching the ring. Lizzie looked at it, then started staring at me again. "Mommy told us that you and Uncle Kai used to love each other, but you had a best friend named Ryan."

I nodded slowly. "Did she really?" They both nodded.

"When is your wedding," Amelia asked.

I shook my head, "I don't know."

"Can we go?"

I tilted my head, "Of course."

"But if you leave again, how will we go," Lizzie wondered.

"Okay, girls, it's time for bed," Caroline interrupted.

I looked at her, then at Lizzie. "I wouldn't have it without you."

She got a sad look on her face. "But why can't you have the wedding here?"

I stared at her as I thought about it. I hadn't considered the possibility.

"We could have the wedding here," Oliver answered.

I looked over at him. He was standing at the edge of the room. "What?"

He took a few steps closer. "We can get married here."

I laughed breathily, in disbelief at the idea. "We haven't planned anything."

He tilted his head. "So we can plan it now."

I glanced at Caroline. There was a wide grin on her face as she looked between the two of us. I looked at Oliver again. "You want to plan a wedding in less than a week?" He nodded. I scoffed as I looked at the twins again. "He's lost his mind."

"Come on, Evelyn, we've done it before," Caroline commented. I looked at her. She uncrossed her arms as she stepped closer. "Planning your wedding will take three days tops."

I looked at the twins. "Should I feel insulted?" They both started giggling. I looked at Oliver again. I could feel the way he was staring at me through my entire body. He walked over and held his hands out to me. I put my hands in his, and he pulled me to my feet. I turned my body to face him and tilted my head. "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Absolutely."

I couldn't stop the smile that broke out across my face. I moved my hands to hold his face and leaned into him as I kissed him softly. His hands held my waist.