66

His hands moved slowly through my hair, playing with it. My eyes had closed a while ago. Suddenly, the thought of missing something donned to me.

"Were we supposed to do something today," I mumbled.

"I don't think so."

I tried to shake the thought, but it remained at the front of my brain. I groaned as I opened my eyes and pressed against his chest. His hand slid to my back. I looked down at him. "What is today?"

He sighed as he thought. "The 10th."

I looked at the clock on the wall. "Caroline's party."

I started to move, but he grabbed my waist, keeping me against him. I looked down at him and put my hands on his stomach. "I'm sure she'll understand if we don't -"

I slapped my hand over his mouth. "We're going." I grabbed his hands and pulled them off my body. I moved off of him and walked up to my room. I pushed the door behind me, not shutting it all the way.

I pulled off my clothes as I walked to my closet. I grabbed the dark red dress and pulled it on. I zipped it up all the way and then walked to the mirror. I adjusted the straps on my shoulder and then adjusted my boobs. The dress was low cut, dipping enough to show my cleavage. It was cut short, stopping at the middle of my thighs.

I walked to the bathroom. I curled my hair. I could feel him staring at me. I didn't look over, I just kept staring at the curling iron holding the last piece of my hair. Once I let it go, I turned it off and put it on the counter of the sink. After the piece of hair was cooled off, I ran my fingers through my hair.

He walked over to me, stopping behind me. I paused my hands in my hair when he grabbed my hips and pulled me against him. I stared at him through the mirror. "What?"

He lifted his brows, "Where did the attitude come from?"

I moved my hands to his. "It's my sister's party, Kai. I can't miss it."

He turned my hands in his, squeezing them gently. "We won't." He wound his arms around me, pulling me flat against him. "We have an hour." He kissed my cheek. "Take a breath." His phone started ringing.

He moved his hands to my waist and then pulled away. I took a deep breath and then exhaled slowly as he walked away. I finished fixing my hair, taking some of it and twisting it back, then pinning it. After finishing my hair, I moved on to my makeup.

I brushed on eyeshadow, giving myself a smokey eye. I did a small wing with eyeliner, then put on mascara. I put on red lipstick.

As I was putting on lipgloss, there was a knock on the front door. I finished putting it on and then walked to my shoes. I walked out of the room as I pulled my heels on.

"Evelyn!"

I stepped off the last step and turned to see Kai holding the door open. Liv was standing on the other side. She looked like she was crying. I glanced at Kai as I walked closer. "What's wrong?" I looked at her.

She started to speak but stopped. She faltered back a step. "You look busy. I'll just..." she threw a thumb over her shoulder. She started to turn.

I stepped closer, "Liv." She turned to face me again. "I have time. Come on." After a moment, she walked in. I stopped beside Kai as he turned to me from shutting the door. "What did she say to you?"

He shook his head. "She asked to talk to you."

I glanced over at her. She had her face buried in her hands. I walked over and sat beside her, angling my body toward her. "Hey," I said quietly. I refrained from touching her, afraid of what may have happened. Liv and I aren't close, and she only speaks to me when something extremely bad happens and she knows I can do something.