11: Vows & Promises

As the tension from Soonyoung's sudden intrusion began to dissipate, the grand ballroom of the Midnight mansion returned to its former grandeur. The crystal chandeliers sparkled once more, their light reflecting off the golden accents that adorned the room. The rich scent of blue hydrangeas filled the air, mingling with the soft hum of conversation as the guests settled back into the celebratory mood. The entire mafia world had gathered for this event, a testament to the power and influence of Junhui and Minghao—but more than that, it was a celebration of their love, a bond that had withstood the tests of time and danger.

Junhui and Minghao stood hand in hand at the center of the ballroom, the soft glow of candlelight casting a warm halo around them. Junhui looked dashing in a bespoke suit, its velvet fabric a deep shade of midnight blue that complemented his striking features. Minghao, on the other hand, was a vision of elegance in a tailored white ensemble, his mullet perfectly styled, and his gold jewelry catching the light with every movement. Their eyes met, and for a moment, the world outside ceased to exist—there was only them, their love, and the future they were about to vow to each other.

The officiant, a distinguished old man with an air of reverence, cleared his throat to begin the ceremony. The guests fell silent, the weight of the moment settling over them like a soft blanket.

"We are gathered here today," the officiant began, his voice carrying a tone of solemnity, "to witness the union of two souls, Junhui and Minghao, who have chosen to walk through this life together, hand in hand, heart to heart."

Jeonghan, ever the emotional one, reached for Seungcheol's arm as the officiant spoke. "Cheol, stop crying! You'll smudge your makeup," he whispered, though his tone was far more affectionate than scolding. Jeonghan himself had to blink back tears, the sight of Junhui and Minghao standing there, ready to pledge their lives to each other, tugging at his heartstrings.

"I'm not crying," Seungcheol grumbled, though his voice was thick with emotion. He dabbed at his eyes with a handkerchief, trying to discreetly wipe away the tears that had already started to fall. "It's just... dust or something."

"Right, dust," Jeonghan teased, though he gently patted Seungcheol's back. "It's okay to cry, you know. It's a wedding. And besides, they're like our kids."

Seungcheol shot him a half-hearted glare. "Since when did you become the calm, collected one?"

Jeonghan smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Since you started bawling like a baby, apparently. Now hush, they're about to say their vows."

As the officiant stepped back, Junhui and Minghao turned to face each other fully. Junhui's hands trembled slightly as he took both of Minghao's hands in his own, his usually confident demeanor giving way to a vulnerability that only Minghao could bring out in him.

"Minghao," Junhui began, his voice soft but steady, "from the moment I first saw you, I knew my life would never be the same. You've been my muse, my inspiration, the one who's made me believe in love even in the darkest times. I vow to protect you, to cherish you, and to love you with every beat of my heart. I promise that no matter what comes our way, we'll face it together, and I'll never let you go."

Minghao's eyes glistened with unshed tears as he listened, his heart swelling with love for the man in front of him. When it was his turn to speak, he took a deep breath, his voice trembling slightly as he began.

"Junhui, you've been my light, my anchor, in a world that can often seem so chaotic. With you, I've found a place where I belong, where I'm understood and loved for who I am. I vow to stand by your side, to support you, and to love you with all that I am. I promise to be your partner in all things, to share your dreams and your burdens. You're my everything, and I'm so grateful to have you in my life."