61: I Guess I do

The mansion was alive with celebration. Lights twinkled in the garden as soft music filled the air. Everyone was in high spirits, dressed in their finest, as they gathered to celebrate Seokmin and Joshua's wedding anniversary. It was a night of love, laughter, and memories. The atmosphere was warm and intimate, but with the grandeur that only the Midnight gang could pull off.

Joshua stood in the middle of it all, his hand tightly held by Seokmin, who looked at him with nothing but pure adoration. The joy on Joshua's face was unmistakable—his smile reached his eyes as he leaned into Seokmin's arms, feeling an overwhelming sense of contentment. This was their moment, the culmination of everything they had been through, from the chaos of the mafia world to the tumultuous times with the Amber gang. Now, nothing but love surrounded them.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol were off in the distance, engaged in some playful banter about the decorations. Jihoon, as always, was grumbling about the noise but had a small smile on his lips as Soonyoung dragged him into yet another group photo. Jun and Minghao were chatting excitedly at another table, and the air was filled with the scent of champagne and the laughter of their closest friends.

Joshua leaned into Seokmin's embrace, closing his eyes for a moment as they swayed to the music. Everything felt perfect, as though the world had finally decided to grant them peace after all the chaos. He could feel Seokmin's breath on his neck, warm and reassuring, and he smiled, grateful for everything they had together.

"Are you happy?" Seokmin whispered into Joshua's ear, his voice soft but filled with affection.

"Happier than I've ever been," Joshua replied, his heart swelling with love. He pulled Seokmin closer, savoring the feeling of being in his arms.

The night felt magical, like a dream where nothing could go wrong.

And then, out of the corner of his eye, Joshua saw something. Or rather, someone.

A figure stood still in the crowd, barely illuminated by the soft glow of the garden lights. Joshua's breath caught in his throat as his eyes locked onto the person standing just beyond the edge of the gathering. The figure was tall, familiar, and dressed in dark clothing that blended into the night.

It was Jisoo.

For a moment, Joshua froze, the world around him seeming to fade. Jisoo stood there, his eyes burning with an intensity Joshua hadn't seen in years. But it wasn't just intensity—it was hatred. Pure, unfiltered hatred. His gaze was so sharp, it felt as though it was cutting straight through Joshua's heart.

Joshua's grip on Seokmin tightened involuntarily. His body tensed, his mind racing as he tried to make sense of what he was seeing. Jisoo? Here? How was that possible? And why was he looking at him like that?

The noise of the party faded to a dull hum in Joshua's ears. It was just him and Jisoo now, locked in an unspoken confrontation. The weight of the past, of everything that had happened between them—Joshua's disguise, the betrayal of Amber gang, the secrets that still lingered—came rushing back all at once.

He wanted to say something, to call out to him, but his voice was stuck in his throat. His heart pounded against his ribcage, the sudden shift in the atmosphere almost unbearable.

And then, just as quickly as he had appeared, Jisoo turned and disappeared into the crowd. It was so sudden, Joshua blinked, unsure if he had really seen him at all.

"Joshua?" Seokmin's voice pulled him back to the present, his hand gently caressing Joshua's arm. "You okay? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Joshua blinked again, his eyes scanning the crowd, but there was no sign of Jisoo. The people around them were laughing, dancing, completely unaware of the storm that had just erupted inside Joshua's mind.